Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Regulation changes

Re: Regulation changes

I didn't either, nill emails ever. Two letters - They were requests for Hunter Survey (once again selected for Wolf and Game Bird) response, which I provided via the online option. Nothing on anything regulation wise.

Let's get Jassmine to offer her opinion on the new regs.
    Be very curious what her and her team of users under the "Jassmine" handle think of this.
    They should take some very good advice and film/take pictures of their kills THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN BECAUSE THEY NEVER HUNT AS RAINCOAST MEMBERS.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    Not to stir the pot but who wouldn't pack the neck meat of an elk? There's 40 lbs of great hamburger or sausage there. I totally understand the ribs on a small animal - very little low qality for all of the work.
    I don't hunt moose/elk but i assume it's probably the guy who just did his 3rd pack out trip that takes 2 hours each way and looks at the pile of meat in the back of the truck and goes "f*** it".

Quote Originally Posted by warbird2006 View Post
    I did NOT get any emails from them
    Please read the entire thread. Post 49.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    “The requirement is to remove the edible meat of the four quarters, loins, neck and ribs.”
    I don't think there was anything wrong with the way it was originally worded. I've always understood the description of " 4 quarters " to mean the carcass has been cut into 4 pieces like a butcher would cut beef or pork. Not just 4 legs.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    I don't think there was anything wrong with the way it was originally worded. I've always understood the description of " 4 quarters " to mean the carcass has been cut into 4 pieces like a butcher would cut beef or pork. Not just 4 legs.
    No reasonable person can expect a back country hunter, who is packing his deer out on his back, to cut up said buck into 4 pieces and carry 100% of the animal (less guts) out ... that is just absurd. I think we can all agree to that.

You're obviously de-boning the animal and packing out just the meat. But now comes the problem .... how much meat left behind on the bones is too much meat? Where's the line? What about those of us that don't pack out the organs. They're perfectly edible, yet many people leave them behind.

What about things like tongue? some love it, some never think of packing it out. I don't. But am i breaking the law because the tongue is edible and i'm leaving it behind? Personally, there's WAAAAY too much of a grey area here and it's something i'll have to deal with when and IF i have to explain it to a CO. And i think it will depend a lot on what kind of CO luck throws at you.

Side story .... in 2015 I drove in to Logan Lake to fuel up with a 4 point strapped to the roof rack of my Jeep. It was covered in a tarp but legs and antlers still sticking out. Drove by a CO who was on the side of the road, texting on his phone. Fueled up, and drove by him again on my way to the highway. He was still texting. Could've had a bunch of does and fawns on there he wouldn't have noticed. lol.

I had way too many people tailgate me that trip trying to get a better look at the rack .... it wasn't even a big buck at all.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Exactly, the point is to take it all already. We don't need all these regs and various wording changes all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Be very curious what her and her team of users under the "Jassmine" handle think of this.
    They should take some very good advice and film/take pictures of their kills THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN BECAUSE THEY NEVER HUNT AS RAINCOAST MEMBERS.
    HaHa ! Look up jasmine in the urban dictionary ! HaHa !!!!
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    No reasonable person can expect a back country hunter, who is packing his deer out on his back, to cut up said buck into 4 pieces and carry 100% of the animal (less guts) out ... that is just absurd. I think we can all agree to that.

You're obviously de-boning the animal and packing out just the meat. But now comes the problem .... how much meat left behind on the bones is too much meat? Where's the line? What about those of us that don't pack out the organs. They're perfectly edible, yet many people leave them behind.

What about things like tongue? some love it, some never think of packing it out. I don't. But am i breaking the law because the tongue is edible and i'm leaving it behind? Personally, there's WAAAAY too much of a grey area here and it's something i'll have to deal with when and IF i have to explain it to a CO. And i think it will depend a lot on what kind of CO luck throws at you.

Side story .... in 2015 I drove in to Logan Lake to fuel up with a 4 point strapped to the roof rack of my Jeep. It was covered in a tarp but legs and antlers still sticking out. Drove by a CO who was on the side of the road, texting on his phone. Fueled up, and drove by him again on my way to the highway. He was still texting. Could've had a bunch of does and fawns on there he wouldn't have noticed. lol.

I had way too many people tailgate me that trip trying to get a better look at the rack .... it wasn't even a big buck at all.
    Totally agree.,.like Srupp said, pics are key....

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I believe there cult allows them to pretend they hunt wabbit...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..