Thread: Fly Fishing lodges?

Fly Fishing lodges?

Anyone have any thoughts on good, low key lodges where the fishing is good? Thinking around Kamloops and Merritt, but not Corbett or DLR, both of which I am familiar with. Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fly Fishing lodges?

Way better options and personally would avoid Kamloops and Merritt. Would also not worry if it’s a fly fishing lodge and focus on good fish alone with the services you want. Northern BC holds amazing trout fishing with little pressure

Tons of really good fishing in B.C. that are not well known

As for fly fishing so many options species wise and many overlooked as well. Bass, pike, walleye, lake trout, bull trout, saltwater bottom fish are all options in BC beyond rainbow you can fly fish in BC that most don’t think of.

I would say you are cutting yourself short on what you could experience

Thanks. Agree specifying fly fishing is limiting. Good fishing is good fishing. My idea was that lodges would likely focus on this approach but I am happy to be proven wrong. I also agree about the variety of species available. Fill yer boots. Merritt/Kamloops gets a lot of attention too but I specified mainly for access from the LML. The more distant corners of the province will have to wait until I can string together more than two consecutive days off.

If you're gonna pay for a lodge type experience why not upper pitt river? Local gem that few get to hit up because of the remote access even though its closer than most people go camping. They get great coho runs up there, some nice steelhead as well as great trout fishing on the fly that are up there chasing salmon eggs in the fall and chasing fry in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    If you're gonna pay for a lodge type experience why not upper pitt river? Local gem that few get to hit up because of the remote access even though its closer than most people go camping. They get great coho runs up there, some nice steelhead as well as great trout fishing on the fly that are up there chasing salmon eggs in the fall and chasing fry in the spring.
    Pitt River Lodge would be great but outside of my "low key" criteria. Maybe some day I will hit it. For now though I am specifically thinking of lakes. I like chucking a dry fly where I can or trolling/stripping one. Maybe my use of "lodge" was misleading. What I am after is a place that has cabins, boats and good fishing.

Sheridan can be a blast. .12 pound is my best great operators nice wzters ton of shallow sreas withdrop offs boat rental cabin rental showers camping heavely used fish cleaning hut..
    Steven

Theres a few on the Aberdeen plateau just outside kelowna... most have real good fishing right from ice off though the heat of summer. Not much for size though, 20 inch fish is a monster.

Appreciate those ideas. Will start narrowing it down. if I find a good one I'll post it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Thanks. Agree specifying fly fishing is limiting. Good fishing is good fishing. My idea was that lodges would likely focus on this approach but I am happy to be proven wrong. I also agree about the variety of species available. Fill yer boots. Merritt/Kamloops gets a lot of attention too but I specified mainly for access from the LML. The more distant corners of the province will have to wait until I can string together more than two consecutive days off.
    Avid fly fisherman myself and was not suggesting to not fly fish. All the species I mentioned I have caught on the fly and recommend experiencing it is all. As for not focusing on a fly fishing lodge it was meaning don’t overlook good waters to fly fish just because the lodge is a general fishing lodge

What is your willing travel distance and goals?