Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grizzly Thread

Re: The Grizzly Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
    Lol it’s the same message I made on the open chat. You didn’t say my opinion was stupid . You personally called me some kind of stupid and the offer is still there to meet and discuss. I stand by my facts.
    Get bent bud. I don't have time for your crap.

Lol it’s the same message I made on the open chat. You didn’t say my opinion was stupid . You personally called me some kind of stupid and the offer is still there to meet and discuss. I stand by my facts.
    Can you put a link up from where you are getting your number facts on Grizzlies?

FYI tremendous amounts of money has been made by tourists viewing grizzlies than shooting one Camera has multiple shots and it’s become a huge tourist draw putting plenty of money into the economy over and over To say grizzly meat left by a hunter is akin to dying of natural causes ect as a norm makes no sense. Killing an animal for the cape and leaving the meat behind is a trophy hunt plain and simple. I’m not coming down on hunters just hunters who can’t acknowledge why they hunt grizz. Which is not a difficult animal to hunt by any stretch of the imagination.
    Wildlife viewing tourism and hunting don't have to be mutually exclusive.

I've been on a few grizzly hunts accompanying friends where I had no tag so no chance of a trophy. I went for the experience, adventure and fun. It's not so cut and dry as to say it's exclusively about a trophy.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

FYI tremendous amounts of money has been made by tourists viewing grizzlies than shooting one Camera has multiple shots and it’s become a huge tourist draw putting plenty of money into the economy over and over To say grizzly meat left by a hunter is akin to dying of natural causes ect as a norm makes no sense. Killing an animal for the cape and leaving the meat behind is a trophy hunt plain and simple. I’m not coming down on hunters just hunters who can’t acknowledge why they hunt grizz. Which is not a difficult animal to hunt by any stretch of the imagination.
    I don't doubt that there are some tourist dollars from people that want pics. My question is why don't I see any photography tours 40km deep into the bush? These tourist dollars are coming from non hunting areas from what I can tell meaning that these tourist bears were never being hunted to begin with.

hi Cameron0518
    wayne sawchuck has horsepack tours into the muskwa kuwcheka his entire trip covers hundred of miles. I've run into his groups on the gataga as well up on the chizca and over on the tetsa. Hes booked one or two years in advance. backcountry tourists can book for a week or the whole trip covering many many weeks cant get much deep into the back country than his trips. no hunting just tourists with cameras. once again before the comments come out im not against hunting just opinionated on hunters who dont take the meat out.

Stoneramhunter, what are your thoughts on predator control? I have never hunted Grizzly bear myself, and i can see your concern on meat "wasting". What do you think about Wolf population
    control. I've heard that wolf meat is especially bad. Do you think that wolves should'nt be shot either? Was that the Yellowstone area that re-introduced the wolf, and had problems with them again?
    Sorry if I am getting off the Grizz thread.

Wolves are a real threat to ungulates herbavores and have definatley had an impact on elk and moose. once again its encroachmet on the backcountry something has to give. Properly monitered i think the cull is working. No idea what wolf meat tastes like. this year many of my friends on jet boats report seeing a lot of calves mosoe and elk up the muskwa this year which is a good sign. historically the ranges were much more diverse and were able to sustain a large variety of animals without impacting the balance however now that that has changed unfortunatley wolves are extremely well adapted to hunting and the odds are skewered in there favor. so i think the cull managed properly is working. but ofcourse i would be opposed to wiping the entire population out that would be insane and id like to believe that is never a solution.
    best hunting

hi Cameron0518
    wayne sawchuck has horsepack tours into the muskwa kuwcheka his entire trip covers hundred of miles. I've run into his groups on the gataga as well up on the chizca and over on the tetsa. Hes booked one or two years in advance. backcountry tourists can book for a week or the whole trip covering many many weeks cant get much deep into the back country than his trips. no hunting just tourists with cameras. once again before the comments come out im not against hunting just opinionated on hunters who dont take the meat out.
    Still no sheep storys, lets hear about some of those rams.
    Was in the muskwa/ prophet country but some time ago, but beautiful country, saw lots of big rams, moose, elk bears etc.
    Personal don't think the Grizzly season should have ever been shut down or that a rule to bring out the meat should be implemented either.

Not much to say for sheep stories. mostly hunt sheep solo either by horse, backpack or fly in. Hunted many of the drainage's in northern B.C. harvested some nice rams. It is your choice to hunt grizzly as a trophy hunt and not take the meat out but i believe that was one of many factors that shut down the hunt leaves a bad taste for a lot of people re killing tthe animal and leaving the meat to spoil. perhaps a mandatory meat must be taken would have helped.

Not much to say for sheep stories. mostly hunt sheep solo either by horse, backpack or fly in. Hunted many of the drainage's in northern B.C. harvested some nice rams. It is your choice to hunt grizzly as a trophy hunt and not take the meat out but i believe that was one of many factors that shut down the hunt leaves a bad taste for a lot of people re killing tthe animal and leaving the meat to spoil. perhaps a mandatory meat must be taken would have helped.
    I never said any thing about trophy hunt, I believe it is you and others using such words as trophy, spoil , leaving, etc in a attempt to make it sound bad or wrong that cause the problem. You no the ones that really don't hunt, but don't like
    others doing it either, or really don't no that much about wildlife.