Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grizzly Thread

Re: The Grizzly Thread

I sure dislike it when hunters use meat as the only acceptable reason to experience a hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Still no sheep storys, lets hear about some of those rams.
    Was in the muskwa/ prophet country but some time ago, but beautiful country, saw lots of big rams, moose, elk bears etc.
    Personal don't think the Grizzly season should have ever been shut down or that a rule to bring out the meat should be implemented either.
    Well LBM, we finally agree on something... two something’s for fact!

Me also thinks this so called sheep hunter is nothing but sheep pellets......

Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
    Wolves are a real threat to ungulates herbavores and have definatley had an impact on elk and moose. once again its encroachmet on the backcountry something has to give. Properly monitered i think the cull is working. No idea what wolf meat tastes like. this year many of my friends on jet boats report seeing a lot of calves mosoe and elk up the muskwa this year which is a good sign. historically the ranges were much more diverse and were able to sustain a large variety of animals without impacting the balance however now that that has changed unfortunatley wolves are extremely well adapted to hunting and the odds are skewered in there favor. so i think the cull managed properly is working. but ofcourse i would be opposed to wiping the entire population out that would be insane and id like to believe that is never a solution.
    best hunting
    Ungulates, herbivores, elk and moose are all different categories concerning prey? Are we forgetting all the rest lumped in?

Blah, blah, blah, you are another Instant Expert with nothing to back up your opinions.

Gcreek I was responding to a question about wolves and they are a threat no need to be an expert on that. Ofcourse you could ask any outfitter what wolves are doing and they will tell you what im saying . perhaps you should check the facts.

as well im sure several of the sheep hunters here would know who I am if i gave my name. like i said Ive got some very nice rams. theres 2 of them in the photo gallery and iI have hunted sheep for 50 years in most all of the drainages. gcreek take a look at the mounted stone I posted. . age it and take look where the eye is to the center of the curl how far it drops below the jaw line and above the nose that might give you a indication of the score on that ram. because i dont tell stories about my rams shouldnt be mistaken for someone hasnt killed some magnificant rams. And many of my rams were solo hunts. Ive also meet with some members from the site given them advise on good sheep spots showm them the route on google maps. and they have gone out and had success. im not opposed to helping out fellow sheep hunters in fact i flew my plane out to port alberni and met with a guy and his father who wanted to hunt sheep and goats let them photo my topo maps with routes licks ect. because i happen to have a different take on grizzlies seems to make me a target. thats ok . if you still think Im not a sheep hunter and full of sheep pellets or as your insinuating full of shit your sorly mistaken. but no hard feelings best huntin to ya im leaveing for a 14 day sheep hunt at the end of the month.

Gcreek I was responding to a question about wolves and they are a threat no need to be an expert on that. Ofcourse you could ask any outfitter what wolves are doing and they will tell you what im saying . perhaps you should check the facts.
    I don’t need to check facts, I live them.

Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post

as you stated youve been in the muskwa/prophet and seen a lot of big rams. So you must be able to score sheep any comments on the ram pic i posted and you still think Im posing as a sheep hunter

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post

Youve hunted the muskwa/ prophet area and seen a lot of big sheep thats impressive, So you can score sheep. The mounted ram I posted in the gallery came from Kravic creek any thoughts on the ram? you still think im posing as a sheep hunter?

Youve hunted the muskwa/ prophet area and seen a lot of big sheep thats impressive, So you can score sheep. The mounted ram I posted in the gallery came from Kravic creek any thoughts on the ram? you still think im posing as a sheep hunter?
    You have me mixed up with another. I have never been there nor have I had the time to hunt sheep.

I can however, smell bs when someone starts pitching it. Maybe you could search and find out what I am. Been here awhile.

I don’t live in an urban area or even within 340 km of one.