Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grizzly Thread

Re: The Grizzly Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Can hope the Yukon holds onto their hunt as it is under attack now too.
    If they hold, BC has a chance. If they fold and close it, that would nail the lid shut forever.
    Hope the fight to save the hunt is strong up there.
    I hope Yukon hunters step up as well...because I haven't heard much opposition to the group wanting a moratorium . I won't be staying quiet if there is a bigger push, sound management includes responsible hunting opportunities.

I have one on the wall and it also filled my slow cooker many times. Interior grizz is just like black bear imo.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
    Science? Not sure what you mean. Bear population is 10 percent of what it was. Of grizzly attacks 99 % have been defensive only a few ever recorded stalking humans. I’m sure Many grizzlies shot were shot because they saw a grizzly within hundred yards of them. Guess the theme is better dead for the bear. Like I said not anti hunter just
    giving an opinion. Have to say though I’d be interested in chatting with someone who’s meat preference is grizzly to hunt for the meat. Been packing horses hunting sheep in the back country for over 50 yrs haven’t met one yet who’s out there for. Grizzly bear meat for the palette.
    Have any sheep storeys

Its a good thing that grizzlies are making a slight rebound. 15000 is not something we should embrace as good. its a low number from where they were at one time. . once again my issue is not the hunting of grizzlies its the man hunting them as a trophy hunt and the meat left in the woods. at one time there where 150,000 plus on the west coast with close to 40000 alone in b.c.. with that many there were still plenty of moose and elk around. unfortunately grizzly habitat has become confined. ive had numerous interactions over 50 yrs in the mountains so im comfortable with my stand on grizzly bears. once again it appears that if you have an opinion thats not popular you get branded. \i guess being able to say you killed a grizzly is a badge of courage perhaps. wishing everyone a good hunt this year.
    Where the heck are you getting your numbers??? 40,000 in BC??? I highly doubt that. BC Government research study in 2012 estimated the BC Grizzly population in the 1970's at around 6,600....are you quoting numbers from the 1800's?

Bottom line is that the grizzly bear hunt was sustainable and backed by wildlife management trophy or not.

Are you seriously advertising grizzly viewing tourists who pay companies that bait bears for viewing?? The same companies that advocated to remove your hunting rights and continue to go after the wolf and black bear harvest.

You must be a special kind of stupid.

^^^Furthermore, urban expansion & habitat loss are the greatest threats to griz and all wildlife in general, not selective hunting....

i guess im one of those turds. killing a bear just so that you can say you killed it is not sustainable when you leave the meat. so yeah i have a valid opinion ill wear the turd badge. ive seen plenty of bears in the back country and im still here.
    The only grizzly kill that we didn’t pack out the meat was the very first one I was in on. But that was back in the day before the WWW and we didn’t know if it was edible or not.
    Since that bear, we have always utilized the meat and not just because we felt obligated to use it. We did so because it was every bit as good as any black bears we have eaten.

Labelling it as pure trophy hunt isn’t accurate. It’s not right to tell other people why they hunt. That’s what liberal anti hunters do.

Most of the people I know supported changing it to mandatory meat retention.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by stone sheep steve View Post
    the only grizzly kill that we didn’t pack out the meat was the very first one i was in on. But that was back in the day before the www and we didn’t know if it was edible or not.
    Since that bear, we have always utilized the meat and not just because we felt obligated to use it. We did so because it was every bit as good as any black bears we have eaten.

Labelling it as pure trophy hunt isn’t accurate. It’s not right to tell other people why they hunt. That’s what liberal anti hunters do.

Most of the people i know supported changing it to mandatory meat retention.

Sss
    agreed, 100%

Hey whitlers
    you’re pretty brave to be calling someone special kind of stupid from behind a computer. Perhaps you would like to meet and discuss the grizzly hunt.

Hey whitlers
    you’re pretty brave to be calling someone special kind of stupid from behind a computer. Perhaps you would like to meet and discuss the grizzly hunt.
    So I'm the tough guy for calling your opinion stupid but you feel private messaging me to 'meet up' and prove my point is fair? Why do you feel inclined to threaten me instead of arguing your point using logical facts? The days of meeting up over an internet beef are long behind me but thanks for the offer?? Wtf

Lol it’s the same message I made on the open chat. You didn’t say my opinion was stupid . You personally called me some kind of stupid and the offer is still there to meet and discuss. I stand by my facts.

Science? Not sure what you mean. Bear population is 10 percent of what it was. Of grizzly attacks 99 % have been defensive only a few ever recorded stalking humans. I’m sure Many grizzlies shot were shot because they saw a grizzly within hundred yards of them. Guess the theme is better dead for the bear. Like I said not anti hunter just
    giving an opinion. Have to say though I’d be interested in chatting with someone who’s meat preference is grizzly to hunt for the meat. Been packing horses hunting sheep in the back country for over 50 yrs haven’t met one yet who’s out there for. Grizzly bear meat for the palette.
    What a joke, some guy with the name stoneramhunter...bc we hunt sheep for the meat right? You just toss out the horns? A stone sheep hunt is the exact same thing as a grizzly bear hunt. If it was only about the meat no one would hunt anything other than moose and elk for the simple reason of cost effectiveness. Hunting is more than a trophy, its more than the meat, its the challenge and the experience, the thrill of the hunt, not the need for killing
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member