Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpine Hunting

Re: Alpine Hunting

Hunting alpine is waste of time!
    Hunting the promised land

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Hunting alpine is waste of time!
    hahaha! Blunt but 100% correct. To kill a muley buck you need to hunt where one lives, not where one doesn't live.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Hey Dana, that looks like pretty good footage given the early 2000s technology.

I half expected it to look like the Bigfoot footage from the 60s lol.
    Heck the one video camera I got in the mid 90's. Beat the crap out of that camera for a lot of years.

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    Dana, Can u post the sheds from “wide bugger” please and thanks
    Here is a photo of him the summer of 2004 and his sheds from that year. I didn't find them until 2007. One side was badly chewed. I also have his 2001 set.

Beauty buck, what do you think he'd score?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Beauty buck, what do you think he'd score?
    In 2004 he was a 200 inch typical.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    In 2004 he was a 200 inch typical.
    Definitely a truly giant. What was the distance from where you took a pic of him to where you found his sheds.

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    Definitely a truly giant. What was the distance from where you took a pic of him to where you found his sheds.
    He was one that didn't migrate very far. It would be lucky to be 15 kms. Some bucks travel 100+ kms and others just go straight down hill.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    He was one that didn't migrate very far. It would be lucky to be 15 kms. Some bucks travel 100+ kms and others just go straight down hill.
    Another clue.lol. the good thing about the deer that don't have to migrate very far seem to stay up top longer than the deer that have to migrate long distances I have found. Region 8 deer compared to east region 3.
    Hunting the promised land

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Another clue.lol. the good thing about the deer that don't have to migrate very far seem to stay up top longer than the deer that have to migrate long distances I have found. Region 8 deer compared to east region 3.
    Depends. In the Cariboos and the Monashees I found we would get frost about the 3rd week of Aug and many bucks would drop down in elevation to the ESSF timber and high elevation cutblks to keep on eating lush veg that wasn't frost killed. And very rarely could you catch bucks above timberline after the first week of the season regardless if the snow didn't start pounding until Nov.

As for Widebugger, he summered in the conservatory of the Trophies. No need for any secrets now as it is completely void of life. You might catch a pika or marmot above treeline now if you are lucky. Wolves cleaned it out completely.