Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpine Hunting

Re: Alpine Hunting

Can someone give me GPS location to a 200 plus mule deer. I am not wanting to work that hard for it so please something under a 500yard hike. Would also like any information about this bucks patterns as well. And if you can help pack it out that would be awesome

To be fair I will offer up a location for a B&C spruce grouse

Just thought I would throw this out there getting so sick of scouting and putting in effort LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Can someone give me GPS location to a 200 plus mule deer. I am not wanting to work that hard for it so please something under a 500yard hike. Would also like any information about this bucks patterns as well. And if you can help pack it out that would be awesome

Just thought I would throw this out there getting so sick of scouting and putting in effort LOL
    That's easy, what's Dana's address? Check the man cave.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    That's easy, what's Dana's address? Check the man cave.
    Do you think he would deliver lol

Outside of being a smarta$$ when it comes to finding big critters of any species my best luck has been finding my own locations and the common trend is my best spots are never where others recommend even as a starting point

For myself looking where others don’t, utilizing less common forms of access and overlooked access points has treated me well

So many overlooked locations that people don’t go and often it’s not always about hiking farther it’s about a different train of thought

I am no mule deer guru as it is not my proffered deer to hunt but share a campfire with a few and owe part of my start into hunting to one of the best I have crossed paths with

I wonder how many guys that I've gave info to over the years would be willing to pay it back with their own info. My muley areas are chewed out hard. Not much hope. I need to start over fresh. Maybe I need to jump on the 'where is a 200 incher' club and get some help. What do you think? Who would help this old guy out?

It would be encouraging to see someone take the reins and commit to a long term thread on hunting MD.
    Not trying to take away from Proguide's 'How To Hunt' but there is a huge appetite for information and knowledge.
    If it focused on the how and why components, type of habitat to focus on etc, a lot of newer to hunting folks would gobble that up.

It would be extremely satisfying to see HBC members realize how important mentoring the next and current generation of hunters is and to help in that critical component in perpetuating our sport and heritage.

I think Dana has lead the way on Mule Deer here.
    Be over the top to see him shooting videos explaining what he is looking for when he scouts.
    If more look at HBC as a platform of knowledge and sharing stories it would be a go to site for sure.

I apologize for somewhat derailing the OP's thread.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post

jell--bell is a man who knows all mighty bucks areas..behind of every second three at least..just bam...wham.....contact him..[her]???im not sure

Finny whoa bro don't get me in trub bell ding dong -- with the Alpine Club -- Dana is the man with Alpine no one better in the country folks -- we got dana on HBC
    Kamloops has heard the word, and he's bona fide -- anyways ah
    -- I got some nice bucks and I'm the kind that don't need to prove myself to someone I only know from a post or two.
    -- I got all the proof I need and my close hunting buddy's who have the ca$h and the huge trucks.
    Jel - Reg 3 -- iz dah best for the biggest mule deer around, bigger than Reg 8 - better feed, better habitat, better topography a natural area for making monster mules.
    No need to go high, I hunt under 4000 feet. Butt the topic iz Alpine hunting so, I never tried that -- Finny is the best, is whad we bin hearin?
    Last edited by Jelvis; 04-22-2018 at 08:46 PM. Reason: ANYONE ASKING? 4 big buck luck IN 2018?

So its July .... snow is gone. Velvety antlers are coming in, bucks are moving high .....

Who has been scouting? Who has been sitting on the couch drinking beer instead but plans to start a new alpine thread in a few months?

I've been drinking beer .... but I'll still be out there. Deer will too ..... I think?

Ive been out lots getting lots of good pics on my trail cams.