Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpine Hunting

Re: Alpine Hunting

Some guys just like to stay off the radar and don't need to show the world what they've shot. Once a picture is out there, it's out there forever.

Nothing but respect for hunters like that from this cowboy.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Some guys just like to stay off the radar and don't need to show the world what they've shot. Once a picture is out there, it's out there forever.

Some hunt for personal reasons and goals only with little concern about attention from others

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Some hunt for personal reasons and goals only with little concern about attention from others
    Bingo.

Everyone wants a picture. Most don't have the slightest clue the amount of time and resources invested in taking a world class animal.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Really? Do people do it to piss you off or do they genuinely think you'd give up the location of a trophy buck to a random internet stranger that messaged you?

I remember someone on here having a sign line that was a guy PMing him and offering $500 for the location of his buck. Good for a chuckle but at least he was offering something in exchange for the location. Lol.
    It is amazing what some people think. Because you frequent the same hunting forum as them, you are obligated to share all your many years of hard work. And they get mad at you if you don't.

As for high country success photos, here is one from the archives. Sept 13, 2001. I can tell you that after the events of Sept 11, thinking about hunting was the last thing on our minds. We slept in and climbed the mountain very late. No enthusiam. No plan. Nothing that should have made us have success that day other than blind luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post

Then why are you on a public internet forum at all?

You guys are forgetting one giant, huge point here ..... MANY bc hunters are posting all types of success stories and pics on Instagram. They're not giving anything away. A pic of a buck dead on the ground or stuffed in a pack gives nothing away. Goats, bucks, bears, sheep ...... you name it. They're just not posting it on HERE. Basically, if you're not willing to post pics, Instagram has no use for you. And that's what I like about it. No lurkers who never contribute.

I mean if you want to stay off the radar .... why are you on here at all? Just for the buy and sell?

Nice pic Dana. Funny how some bucks are velvet free by sept 1 and others are hanging onto full velvet for weeks yet.

You guys are forgetting one giant, huge point here ..... MANY bc hunters are posting all types of success stories and pics on Instagram. They're not giving anything away. A pic of a buck dead on the ground or stuffed in a pack gives nothing away. Goats, bucks, bears, sheep ...... you name it. They're just not posting it on HERE. Basically, if you're not willing to post pics, Instagram has no use for you. And that's what I like about it. No lurkers who never contribute.

I mean if you want to stay off the radar .... why are you on here at all? Just for the buy and sell?

Dont need to post pics to discuss hunting techniques, experience, and equipment advice

The difference in IG and a hunting forum is there aren't very many personal attacks. If someone does post up an attack on IG, you have the power to easily delete it and then block that poster. Lots of keyboard warriors on hunting sites that just can't handle anyone having the slightest success. Too much blood in the photo, accussations of poaching or ego or wrong weapon blah blah blah. The list goes on and on. And then the worst are the gutpile chasers who spend more time hunting you than they do hunting the desired animal. And this is notjust HBC, this is all hunting forums. People just have stopped posting pictures because they are fed up with all the BS that posting a photo brings.

So why are they here? One reason is hunters still like helping other hunters. There are lots of tips that are shared in very subtle ways and if a hunter is wise enough, they can catch them and make their hunting more successful. This thread has a ton of those tips is you look for them.

Nice pic Dana. Funny how some bucks are velvet free by sept 1 and others are hanging onto full velvet for weeks yet.
    The buck in the photo is one of the latest velvet carrier that I've had anything to do with. It was so ready to come off that just touching it made it fall off. No thought in saving it at all. Stripped so easy. Made for a cool Euro. Bone white antlers.

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Any pics? Would be nice.

Quite a few guys go out of their way to keep their sh*t off the radar.
    I never posted a recent kill and never will, always wait a few years or when I've abandoned an area

Dino, this one's for you.....

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea