Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpine Hunting

Re: Alpine Hunting

Its to bad my muledeer season don't start tell nov up here
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    It's real and he earned every inch of that buck.
    Took a few years of hardcore scouting and close the deal.

Casual hunts seldom produce big results.
    Were gonna need a pic of this bad boy!!!

As I mentioned on the previous page no ones posted a pic of a decent alpine buck on here in years!!!!

Come on. Break the streak!

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Were gonna need a pic of this bad boy!!!

As I mentioned on the previous page no ones posted a pic of a decent alpine buck on here in years!!!!

Come on. Break the streak!
    I respect those that don't want to share photos. In this day and age in this province, finding a big buck takes a lot of time and effort because there are just so few of them out there. If you find a good area that holds some mature deer, why risk loosing that for the sake of a bunch of hunters that may start looking for that spot for themselves. Respect the hunter and let him share only what he wants to share.

You dont need to share the spot to share the buck. Hell, you can share a pic of him off the wall.

Granted pics tend to draw attention via PMs sometime and some aren't comfortable ignoring those ... in which case that's understandable in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    It's real and he earned every inch of that buck.
    Took a few years of hardcore scouting and close the deal.

Casual hunts seldom produce big results.
    Ive seen that movie before too. You have posted a bunch of good deer yourself. You did not seem to worry to much about it. People post some good bucks on instagam every year. I guess i just miss all the pics guys used to post. I enjoy your tcam threads quite a bit also. I just know if I ever do take a real good one ,I will be posting it.
    Hunting the promised land

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Ive seen that movie before too. You have posted a bunch of good deer yourself. You did not seem to worry to much about it. People post some good bucks on instagam every year. I guess i just miss all the pics guys used to post. I enjoy your tcam threads quite a bit also. I just know if I ever do take a real good one ,I will be posting it.
    There's not much better than a picture of a beautiful trophy animal on a scenic ridge with mountains in the background, but there is always somwone who will recognize the place and your secret is gone. A friend of mine got a great bighorn on a solo hunt in Alberta and then a very respectable mule deer in central Alberta and when he sent me the photos, I told him exactly where they were taken. He was amazed. If you want your secret to remain a secret, you have to be very careful of your photograghy and that just diminishes the pictures, in my mind. Having said that, I hope you get that big one and post it. It's those pics that make these sites worth looking at.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

I agree with everything you've said .... however, a pic of the mount or rack inside the garage gives nothing away.... just sayin.

You bet. I'm just letting Dino and others know the game.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I agree with everything you've said .... however, a pic of the mount or rack inside the garage gives nothing away.... just sayin.
    You are assuming the mount is home from the taxidermist already. Most taxidermists have close to a year wait and some taxidermists even longer.

And even with a mount photo, people start the bombardment of PM's. You never know how bold people are. Tons are direct and to the point, 'Tell me where you shot that buck!'.

Really? Do people do it to piss you off or do they genuinely think you'd give up the location of a trophy buck to a random internet stranger that messaged you?

I remember someone on here having a sign line that was a guy PMing him and offering $500 for the location of his buck. Good for a chuckle but at least he was offering something in exchange for the location. Lol.