Thread: Wood Duck Box Project

Wood Duck Box Project

Chris and I have our Woody box project well under way. Unfortunately Chris tore up his knee and was unable to get out this time but he did a heck of a job organizing everything!
    Reliable Gun offered up some prizes for a draw among our volunteers and Kent cartridge Canada donated a box of faster to each of our volunteers too! Things are looking up, Chris and I may not have to fund this whole thing in the coming years, it's great to get sponsors helping us out! We also received a Boat Tote Boat accessory which we will raffle off to help fund more supplies. I understand Sure Shot Calls has sent us a package and it's waiting at our mailbox in Blaine, another item to put in a draw for our group!
    We were fortunate to pick the 2 best weather days of the year this time, usually its been pretty wet and cold.
    A big thank you to everyone who has helped with this project. We have 80 boxes in the Marsh now, 14 at the farm we hunt (we put trail cams on these).

Last edited by Dano; 03-29-2018 at 11:51 PM.
    Buddi doing what she does best!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wood Duck Box Project

New hunter Carson and his dad came out too. Carson was excited to get to work on this conservation project and he's going to really enjoy doing the nest checks in a few weeks!

Ducks are already showing up, we should start finding eggs in some of the boxes next week!

Excellent initiative. Thanks

Great job guys!!!
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Dano

Could I get a copy of your box plans? The ones I found on the web waste too much wood and I have 3 sheets of 5/8" ply sitting here calling out to be built into boxes.

Thx

Good fun this year weather was great.Thanks for putting this together.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Excellent! Just Excellent!

Well done guys.
    Drinking rum before 10 a.m. does not mean you are an alcoholic, it means you are a pirate.