Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what to do in the "off season"?

Re: what to do in the "off season"?

What Ourea said is good advice....for me, I hunt spring bear and they taste great, so hunting season starts in the spring for me...other than that, practice shooting, hike lots and find sign, predator hunting is also a good thing you should consider, and there are too many preds in BC overall, so we need to take more out to help out the ungulates..fishing is also great during the offseason...one of my favorites though is hiking and exploring new terrain with my pack on, climbing hills and keeping in shape for when the real season begins...it's also fun to practice other bushcraft skills that will help you in the woods, and make you more confident in the woods, one of my favorites is exploring new areas and practicing my navigation skills, using a compass, the sun etc. to navigate and find my way back..

Hunting is a lifestyle it goes all year. Get out into the bush every chance you get. And really think about your comment about only killing what you will eat. Read the predator threads then get out there

Stay away from the cookie jar.
    I'll be home before winter. It's too cold to sleep out.

Masturbate to bugle magazine.. instead of playboy??????
    Last edited by rocksteady; 04-01-2018 at 05:34 PM.
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Thanks again for all the replies, especially the advice on masturbation.
    By the way, I am interested in trying my hand at taking some snowshoe hares in region 3 or 8, in April. Any advice on what to expect or prepare for? Is it too much of a challenge for a complete newbie?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    What Ourea said is good advice....for me, I hunt spring bear and they taste great, so hunting season starts in the spring for me...other than that, practice shooting, hike lots and find sign, predator hunting is also a good thing you should consider, and there are too many preds in BC overall, so we need to take more out to help out the ungulates..fishing is also great during the offseason...one of my favorites though is hiking and exploring new terrain with my pack on, climbing hills and keeping in shape for when the real season begins...it's also fun to practice other bushcraft skills that will help you in the woods, and make you more confident in the woods, one of my favorites is exploring new areas and practicing my navigation skills, using a compass, the sun etc. to navigate and find my way back..
    Thank you Harry, that was insightful and sort of along the lines of what I was thinking too.

Don't knock it til you try it
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by fmhung View Post
    Thanks again for all the replies, especially the advice on masturbation.
    By the way, I am interested in trying my hand at taking some snowshoe hares in region 3 or 8, in April. Any advice on what to expect or prepare for? Is it too much of a challenge for a complete newbie?
    Walk quiet roads with good cover on either side at dawn and dusk. Walk slowly.