Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Took out a "canine" this evening.

Re: Took out a "canine" this evening.

Well considering you know nothing about hounding I suggest you leave that alone. Baffles me what this by catch is but I don’t care either. How many wolves you catch this year?
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Houndsmen probably harass and kill as much if not more non-target species as snares set by a trapper. The cats in your neighborhood probably kill more birds than the by-catch of all the trappers added up in the province. This photo was already taken down once, you are very slow on the uptake and stubbornly combative.
    Interesting what non-target species are houndsmen killing.

Quote Originally Posted by houndogger View Post
    Well considering you know nothing about hounding I suggest you leave that alone. Baffles me what this by catch is but I don’t care either. How many wolves you catch this year?
    I am not interested in discussing hound hunting just trying to show it is a related activity that the antis will come for next because they have already made lots of noise in that direction. I apologize if my point of view offends anyone but it was intended to show we need to stick together and that the antis will take the same approach. I can't wrap my head around posting a pic of a snared cat and thinking that is shoring up the hunting and trapping community.

I am not interested in discussing hound hunting just trying to show it is a related activity that the antis will come for next because they have already made lots of noise in that direction. I apologize if my point of view offends anyone but it was intended to show we need to stick together and that the antis will take the same approach. I can't wrap my head around posting a pic of a snared cat and thinking that is shoring up the hunting and trapping community.
    Not interested in talking hound hunting yet you say they kill as much if not more non target species then snares. What is the non target species they are killing?

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Not interested in talking hound hunting yet you say they kill as much if not more non target species then snares. What is the non target species they are killing?
    I said harass and kill, and to elaborate I would think harass would carry most of the guilt. I have my opinion based on stories, houndsmen forums and you tube videos such as yourself. Since you posted a pic of a cougar twice and have mentioned it before about cougar as non-target I thought getting your attention about hound hunting was fitting since there has been nothing but extensive dialogue from the antis about targeting it next. I sincerely can't see anything positive about your open campaign against snares in this format. If changes should be made this is not the platform.

Arrow Re: Took out a "canine" this evening.

... I sincerely can't see anything positive about your open campaign against snares in this format. If changes should be made this is not the platform.
    100% Concur.
    Not just this BS either.
    We all understand that those who oppose our heritage and way of life are gold-mining this site, hand picking the posts and especially pictures they can use against us. If you don't understand that yet, GET A GRIP!
    Posting anything of a negative context will get you, and us noticed alright. In a way we certainly do not want to be.
    Please save that crap for elsewhere, and keep our activities here on the up & up!

Thanks,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Yes curious as well since there had been non around for some time.
    Does the calving bring them in.

Let's get back on track kids...........

The snow conditions here have been pretty tough this winter. Lays removed 12 wolves between mid Oct. and early Jav. use traps. We have not seen a track around since then. This wolf thought he was going to be Casa Nova to our Marrema Livestock Guardian dog. Didn't work that way........ It is a male, very badly rubbed and quite thin. Bite marks all over it so thinking it was recently driven from a pack

The crust on the snow is thick enough to carry this wolf's weight when it ran a short distance after it became shot. Thinking we will be seeing more around shortly as the Game Branch recently counted wolves in the Itchas and Ulgatchos and there were lots. Moose and Caribou will be easy to kill now.

LBM, I'm not a fan of snares either but some folks are very effective with them. Sadly, we can't all have 100% positive results with most things we do in life. We aren't really into calving yet, the trickle has started but the dam hasn't burst.

I said harass and kill, and to elaborate I would think harass would carry most of the guilt. I have my opinion based on stories, houndsmen forums and you tube videos such as yourself. Since you posted a pic of a cougar twice and have mentioned it before about cougar as non-target I thought getting your attention about hound hunting was fitting since there has been nothing but extensive dialogue from the antis about targeting it next. I sincerely can't see anything positive about your open campaign against snares in this format. If changes should be made this is not the platform.
    Not sure what you mean buy how you end your second sentence with "such as yourself"
    I have never posted a video on you tube. My opinion is mostly based on what I see. Im well aware of what may be being targeted also no why and what the main cause of it is.
    Curious as to why your scared to let out what goes on out there. Is it better to lie
    abut it and hide it
    Again the pictures are taking down but no explanation why.
    Yes many non-target animals are caught in snares, heck first time the picture was up first response was a trapper who said he had caught many cougars in his lynx and coyote snares.
    again here someone mentions a bear and another a cougar.
    What platform should it be discussed in.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    Let's get back on track kids...........

The snow conditions here have been pretty tough this winter. Lays removed 12 wolves between mid Oct. and early Jav. use traps. We have not seen a track around since then. This wolf thought he was going to be Casa Nova to our Marrema Livestock Guardian dog. Didn't work that way........ It is a male, very badly rubbed and quite thin. Bite marks all over it so thinking it was recently driven from a pack

The crust on the snow is thick enough to carry this wolf's weight when it ran a short distance after it became shot. Thinking we will be seeing more around shortly as the Game Branch recently counted wolves in the Itchas and Ulgatchos and there were lots. Moose and Caribou will be easy to kill now.

LBM, I'm not a fan of snares either but some folks are very effective with them. Sadly, we can't all have 100% positive results with most things we do in life. We aren't really into calving yet, the trickle has started but the dam hasn't burst.
    Yes that time of year for them as well so could very well be driving from the pack, and yes snow conditions are at the worst for the ungulates right now.
    Yes some are effective at the intended target but sadly many aren't.
    Good luck with the calving hopefully things go smoothly.

It’s legal for status metis to keep roadkill in bc. Unless I’m wrong I think your fine if you have status. Still not a good idea to post