Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Took out a "canine" this evening.

Re: Took out a "canine" this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    I agree, we do have to be carefull on the pics we post on social media,as well as hunting sites.
    Just checked, 123 folks signed in, 290 guests on HBC right now.
    How many Antis are checking us out, right now
    Prob FAR ! too many BUT you can't change that anyhow ! There always going to on here or lurking in the woods ! jmo RJ

share stories be proud, in a tasteful way.
    Last edited by SSG-man; 04-01-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    I agree, we do have to be carefull on the pics we post on social media,as well as hunting sites.
    Just checked, 123 folks signed in, 290 guests on HBC right now.
    How many Antis are checking us out, right now

To be truthful, it doesn't matter.

and probably thats why its there.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    On second thought, threads like these are probably exactly what we should avoid currently.. paints us in a bad light.
    and probably that's why its there.

I have a horse, jackall and 4 people in a ....Really... Ford Pinto story.
    They came around a corner early morning in heavy fog and ran into a herd of horses. So we come along seconds later on the way to work and Jesus, what a friggen mess. Car in the ditch with a dead horse on the roof, 3 more laying in the middle of the road with broken legs, screaming in pain, a man and wife and 2 little kids trapped in the Pinto, yelling their heads off. Only thing I could find to kill the horses was a jack all. Big golf swing .Drag them into the ditch. We got the family out and to town, broken arms and legs but they all made it. It was surreal , dark and so foggy you couldn't see 20 feet, horses screaming, kids and mom screaming ,smoke and steam pouring from the car.
    We drove them into town and the cops wanted to talk to us, my boss was pissed, he wanted us to go to work. Talked to the cops and took the rest of the day and got semi drunk. Several days later the family invited us to supper. Very nice folks.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    They came around a corner early morning in heavy fog and ran into a herd of horses. So we come along seconds later on the way to work and Jesus, what a friggen mess. Car in the ditch with a dead horse on the roof, 3 more laying in the middle of the road with broken legs, screaming in pain, a man and wife and 2 little kids trapped in the Pinto, yelling their heads off. Only thing I could find to kill the horses was a jack all. Big golf swing .Drag them into the ditch. We got the family out and to town, broken arms and legs but they all made it. It was surreal , dark and so foggy you couldn't see 20 feet, horses screaming, kids and mom screaming ,smoke and steam pouring from the car.
    We drove them into town and the cops wanted to talk to us, my boss was pissed, he wanted us to go to work. Talked to the cops and took the rest of the day and got semi drunk. Several days later the family invited us to supper. Very nice folks.
    Were you late for work?

nog....I will not stop posting my own hunting pictures, and I wouldn't want others to do so neither.
    But we all recognize when a video if photo is in bad taste / inflammatory in nature.
    All I am suggesting is think of the potential negative connotations before posting...///

well hunting is hobby too like many others,,should all hobby pictures be to be 'shamed'....im not shame put up picture with game down and gun showing..even some blood drops her and there..those moments are top of my memories..//bad taste photos are diff. story..//skinning of animal is not bad taste on my books..just natural.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    You are to be commended for putting the suffering horses out of their misery. Many would not have.

Glad the family survived.

Have you heard the story about the Newfie taking his cow Bessie to the bull and having a Wreck?

Hmm family driving north of Williams lake. .hits a deer just before the airport..on hwy 97..winshield caved in..familly vehicle in ditch . mostly ok..deer is critically injured..but still flopping..first vehicle on scene BCAS paramedic crew..lights on..bail out check passengers..one Paramedic exits ambulance with oxygen tank raises it up over his head repeatadly..to end the deers suffering. .
    Must have made one hell of a sight. .lmao..

Myself had a deer hit the side window mirror on BCAS ambulance en route code 3..emergency..both of us ok..vehicle could besafetly driven the 1 km to scene..I got a second ambulance to respond when dispatch informed me to meet up with RCMP at original accident scene..on arrival @ scene police officer asked to see my license..I passed him my drivers license. .he said no..your hunting license and deer tag...LMAO

Animal strikes are very common source of AMBULANCE calls and can be extremely serious..or even fatal...the moose and large black beef cows..
    Steven