Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Took out a "canine" this evening.

Re: Took out a "canine" this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by panhead View Post
    Watch out, he might just be layin' a trap with catnip ...
    Hahahaha,,,,,,could beeeee.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Geezus, gcreek, the ratio of crap to post is high on this thread.

Good on you. Well played.

If someone, someday, copies this thread to discredit hunters and trappers, we'll do the honourable thing: tell them to pound sand up a donkey's ass.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Good post, Just about pissed myself.

Here it is, I just copied a post I made on another forum years back.

Feb 6, 1996, I was working that winter operating a feller buncher for a local logging company. My wife and two boys had left that afternoon for a couple of days in Williams Lake which is a 4 hr drive from home.
    I had been left with the responsibility of looking after Ace, our oldest boy's Border Collie who, when he was still with us, was known affectionately as "our youngest son".
    Ace had spent the day sleeping on the front seat of the truck while I cut trees. We arrived home at 1:00 AM in the morning. I started the generator so I could make a bite to eat, let Ace out of the truck, and went in the house to put some wood in the heater.
    A couple of minutes later I went out to call Ace and bring him in. I then heard him raising Holy Hell under the lean-to of our old cabin. Very shortly he started sounding more distressed than mad. I started the truck and drove to where the lights would shine on whatever was happening.
    I could see yellow and black and white rolling around on the ground. Thinking that Ace had tackled a coyote I bailed out of the truck, grabbed the first 2 hander I could from the junk that was leaned against the cabin wall and ran to help the dog.
    When I reached the fray, Ace was closest to me so I jumped over the two of them. THAT was when I realized that the "coyote" had a very long tail and the paw that tried to reach me when I went over was about 6'' across . When I landed I spun around and started swinging at the cat's head. I could see that Ace's muzzle was pointed into the cat's mouth and the third swing he let out quite a yelp, pulled free, and left me to pick up the chips. I really don't know how many times I hit the cougar in the head but I wasn't prepared to let it up.
    After I was sure the cat was dead I started calling Ace to see how much damage had been done. NO DOG. It had snowed a skiff sometime before we got home and I could then see tracks heading out the driveway. I caught up to him about a mile and a half down the road, still running as hard as he could. AWAY. It took a minute or two to B S him into the truck again.
    I got him home and doctored him up. He had 2 holes at the top of his skull 1 of them was right through, presumably from the third swing I took that may have drove it in. There was also a big hole in his throat that narrowly missed his jugular, and numerous scratches to his belly and ribs.
    The next morning I called the F&W officer so I could get a permit for the skin. When he arrived we decided that the cat was likely a coming 2 year old that was too stupid to follow the deer back to their winter range. By it's size, it should have weighed around 110-120 lbs. On the scale it only weighed 55 lbs.
    We had 2 other dogs tied to their doghouses. While we were all gone the cat had spent a lot of time under a little tree where he could watch them but I'm guessing due to his emaciated condition he didn't have the courage to try them on for supper. When Ace came along he forced the issue and lucky for him I was there to help out.
    I gave the hide to a friend and a cousin of mine in N. Dak has the cracked skull on her mantlepiece.

Don't tell people your problems, half of em' don't care and the other half are glad you got em' We can all run the neighbors better'n our own

Thanks for the story gcreek, **** that was a close one for ace, glad it worked out for you as well.

[QUOTE=gcreek;1996316]Here it is, I just copied a post I made on another forum years back.

Another true classic from the Chilcotin. Nothing better than listening to the "locals" up there. They are just as great as the scenery.
    Ace was the only dog I ever saw clime a pine tree after a squirrel. Great dog.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Toronto ranks in the top ten for greenest city in the world – but Vancouver is still the greediest.

Reminds me of a story, Buddy tells me a cougar attacked a black bear at his place. I called BS. He says he has a picture. I say show me. He shows me a picture of his naked girl friend on a bear rug.

[QUOTE=panhead;1996389]
    Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    Here it is, I just copied a post I made on another forum years back.

Another true classic from the Chilcotin. Nothing better than listening to the "locals" up there. They are just as great as the scenery.
    Ace was the only dog I ever saw clime a pine tree after a squirrel. Great dog.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Toronto ranks in the top ten for greenest city in the world – but Vancouver is still the greediest.
    Ace and Lester were pretty much inseparable.
    gcreek, why don’t you post up the picture of you and the grizzly that did the 10 yard stare down?

[QUOTE=hunter4life223;1996510]
    Quote Originally Posted by panhead View Post

Ace and Lester were pretty much inseparable.
    gcreek, why don’t you post up the picture of you and the grizzly that did the 10 yard stare down?

You mean the one I taught to sit? I'll have to find it too.

this is getting better than jello-bells stories..please keep going..laughing is good for everybody..extende life span..i wanna live long life