Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes to accompany to hunt permit

Changes to accompany to hunt permit

Hey Guys

were in in the process of planning our hunt for this coming fall. We are planning to be hosted by a few friends from Bc and looking for some more info on the process in order to get a permit to accompany.

Thanks help will be much appreciated

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Changes to accompany to hunt permit

I've done this for my brother in law and a friend from Alberta. The host will have to submit all the paperwork"done online now".They will need proof of residence, Canadian citizenship, proof of a hunting licence in your home province, species, management unit intended on hunting. There also isn't a ton of room to play with dates so consider that carefully. There are lots of restrictions on species and MU'S so its not a guarantee. If memory serves, you can list up to three MU's and you have to hunt within those MU's. Host can also now purchase your tag on your behalf. After the hunt, the host has to submit a survey doesn't matter if you even show up, it still must be submitted. Recommended you visit the FrontCounterBC website and have a look at the Accompany to Hunt Permit Guide. Will give you all the info you and your host will require
    Last edited by Ron.C; 03-27-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Cool Re: Changes to accompany to hunt permit

Here is the link: http://www.frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca/...need-to-apply/

I did this just yesterday for two Buddies coming over from Alberta.
    It was not as onerous as what Ron outlined above. Don't know why.

One of the Ladz hunted here last year, so was provided the FWID number needed to proceed then.
    The other did that online in 15 minutes after first getting his BCeID number to do so.
    Needed their full name, address, date of birth and FWID number was it.

Good advice on picking the dates. you have 21 days inclusive, so think well before you hit send on that.
    Some areas don't allow certain species. The species lists can be found on the link above.

Cost is $ 55.00 per application (can be two hosted hunters per application).
    While your host can collect your tags once approved, it is easier for you do do so through the website with your FWID Number.

Cheers, Good Luck and let us know how your hunt goes...
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

And you need to pay a royalty for every animal they shoot.

XPEIER

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Here is the link: http://www.frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca/...need-to-apply/

I did this just yesterday for two Buddies coming over from Alberta.
    It was not as onerous as what Ron outlined above. Don't know why.

One of the Ladz hunted here last year, so was provided the FWID number needed to proceed then.
    The other did that online in 15 minutes after first getting his BCeID number to do so.
    Needed their full name, address, date of birth and FWID number was it.

Good advice on picking the dates. you have 21 days inclusive, so think well before you hit send on that.
    Some areas don't allow certain species. The species lists can be found on the link above.

Cost is $ 55.00 per application (can be two hosted hunters per application).
    While your host can collect your tags once approved, it is easier for you do do so through the website with your FWID Number.

Cheers, Good Luck and let us know how your hunt goes...
    Nog
    Since you did this yesterday how long does the process take to find out if your approved for the zone. Were you also able to do it online yesterday or do we have to wait till the 15th of April as the website days.

Thanks

I did also get my FIWP number and I'm all set up on the frontcounter website. We are hoping to get into 6-20 for Mountain Goats sure nice to know if we can get serious about the hunt once the application is approved.

Arrow Re: Changes to accompany to hunt permit

Quote Originally Posted by Astepanuk View Post
    Since you did this yesterday how long does the process take to find out if your approved for the zone. Were you also able to do it online yesterday or do we have to wait till the 15th of April as the website days.
    Yes, it went in day before yest actually.
    It varies how long it takes to hear back. Seen it in as little as a week. But also seen it take literally well over a month.
    Last year, same zones with one of the Ladz, different Host, took damn near 2 months and repeated calls to the office it landed in.
    Best advice methinks would be to get it in early...

I saw the reference to an April 15th submission date.
    However from what I was able to determine, the online changes they were referring to there have already been completed.
    My application (and the payment) went through with zero problems.
    Just checked - CC account went through for payment, and shows it has been submitted to the correct office.

6-20 is one of the zones you can still hunt goats with these types of permits.
    I expect that to be an ever decreasing opportunity in BC, so your timing and area choice looks good.

Again, I would get your host to apply sooner rather than later...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Get in asap as they will let out a certain number for each zone that they are willing to approve for accompanied hunts in

first come first serve

I can't find that it has changed in so far as the tags that are required. As an example a moose or elk tag for a non resident are $250. each

Time of processing and if its approved has a lot to do on what species and where too. If you're going for a black bear on the island for instance it'd be a rubber stamp, where a moose hunt in an area that's down in numbers will take some consideration and may not be approved at all.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this