Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting boots

Re: Hunting boots

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    Lowa weisshorn GTX enough said. I had the Tibet GTX before and they are tough but mine weren't the most comfortable. That was most likely just my feet. I would be careful with opinions though and mine included but I wore the Tibet GTX over 40 days in a row in shale slides goat hunting. They lasted me 3 hard years I had a pair of Danner pronghorns I blew out in one guiding season. I wanted a more aggressive boot so I went weisshorn but I will never buy anything but lowa.
    Also have Tibet GTX .... not very comfortable. the sole is is just too hard. Feels like its made of wood not rubber.

I’ve had Meindl Makalu Pro’s for the last two seasons if you’re looking at other options. Very quick break in period. Super comfortable and haven’t had any issues yet.

I just tried on the tibets at cabelas. I found them to be far too narrow. They didn't have a wider size for me to try on. I'm going to go with the meindl
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I just tried on the tibets at cabelas. I found them to be far too narrow. They didn't have a wider size for me to try on. I'm going to go with the meindl
    Which meindl

Just ordered a new pair of Meindl's from Fishers home hardware in Vernon, replacing mine due to having custom orthotics made and now boots are to small. Love the boots unfortunately the only place in the lower mainland to get them is AJBrooks and I have found out recently that some believe the owner is not to be trusted, lots of posts about him on face book taking money for ordered boots that never showed up. He has closed his storefront on Broadway but I believe he still operates out of his warehouse.
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

I like the hanwags because they weren't too high up the ankle as I were them very often not just for hiking or hunting and they seem to better fit my narrower foot. Break in time was next to nothing. Have had them for a couple months now and mist say they are worth the loot

Crispi summit gtx

Valhalla Pure Outfitters in Abbotsford is showing stock on the Hanwag Trapper Tops ...... nice looking boot.

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    Which meindl
    Denali in a d width.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Update I ended up buying a pair of hanwag Alaska a GTX wide. And so far they are so comfortable I wore them on a couple long hikes and I never got sore feet at all very impressed with these