Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hunting boots

Re: Hunting boots

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    Lowa weisshorn GTX enough said. I had the Tibet GTX before and they are tough but mine weren't the most comfortable. That was most likely just my feet. I would be careful with opinions though and mine included but I wore the Tibet GTX over 40 days in a row in shale slides goat hunting. They lasted me 3 hard years I had a pair of Danner pronghorns I blew out in one guiding season. I wanted a more aggressive boot so I went weisshorn but I will never buy anything but lowa.
    Are the weisshorn's a softer, more flexible sole than the tibet's?
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I switched from tibets to the Alaska GTX, I won't buying the tibets again, great boots but the hanwags I found to be more comfortable. My tibets lasted me 5 years, and could last a couple more. I also have the GTX Hunter extreme boots and they are my go to late season boot, I have had them 4 years and minimal wear after chasing everything from moose to goats. Lowa and Hanwag make great boots I just needed a change from my tibets.
    A hunter of all, master of none.

Formerly Good Old Outdoors..... I could not access old email to reset the password.

I ordered a pair of Hanwag Alaska gtx and really didnt like how they felt. I found out they had a wide model so i returned the first pair and now am happy in the wide version.

Yeah I went with the wides as well, great boots.
    A hunter of all, master of none.

Formerly Good Old Outdoors..... I could not access old email to reset the password.

Yes that is the boot I purchased as well the wide version

Wrote a review on Hanwag somewhere on here check it out
    " Never tell me the Odds "

LOWA's all day. That being said I have never owned Hanwag's. I hear they are nice boots but speaking from experience, Lowa Tibet GTX's are the best boots I have ever worn. I've had Scarpas, Salomon, and Vasque boots in the past and none of the compare to my Lowas. For all day comfort and for lasting for more than a couple years. I like mine. Hope you like yours. Good luck.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!

I tried Lowa Tibet GTX but unfortunately they just did not fit my feet. I ended up with Scarpa and and have been extremely happy with them. I have worn them for two seasons with zero complaints. Everyone's foot is different and what one person loves will not be right for another. Whatever boot you get, take them home and wear them around the house before hiking/hunting with them. I initially brought home the Lowa as they felt great in the store but an hour around the house and my feet went numb and were sore for two days after.

iv had Meindl Glocks too they were decent the thing i like about my Hanwags is there so similar in design and comfort . it does boil down to what works for you and your style and what your feet are telling you .
    " Never tell me the Odds "