Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting boots

Hunting boots

I'm going to buy myself a good set of hunting boots. I will be using them for hunting as well as backpacking. I think I have narrowed it down to Hanwag Alaska gtx or Lowa tibet gtx. Where is the best place to purchase these prefer if there's a shop in the Lower Mainland so I can try them on.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting boots

I love my Lowa's. Good boots like these don't go on sale very often, but if you can wait for a deal, you can save some serious dough. Don't forget to bring your hunting socks...
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

Love my hanwags

Hanwag for sure

Are the hanwags not too stiff. And are you using the Alaska GTX

Have you checked out the trapper tops? You'll probably get better ankle support? I really like them.

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

Yep for Hanwag..... Lowa are good as well, but would choose my Hanwag if could only have one pair.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Another vote for the Hanwag Trapper tops. I don't find them too stiff, even when walking on hard packed trails.

I've owned and used Lowa for the past 8-10 years or so. I absolutely love them and cant seem to find many faults in them. A truly awesome boot.

I wear the "wide" model which is far and away the reason I went to them and why they likely fit me better than most others I've tried in the past.

Lowa weisshorn GTX enough said. I had the Tibet GTX before and they are tough but mine weren't the most comfortable. That was most likely just my feet. I would be careful with opinions though and mine included but I wore the Tibet GTX over 40 days in a row in shale slides goat hunting. They lasted me 3 hard years I had a pair of Danner pronghorns I blew out in one guiding season. I wanted a more aggressive boot so I went weisshorn but I will never buy anything but lowa.
    Last edited by 604redneck; 03-25-2018 at 01:44 PM.
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out