Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New wildlife group

New wildlife group

It was recently said at a Region 8 meeting that a organization that is to work for the preservation of wildlife and sustainable habitat is about to be launched.
    Great news, long overdue!
    Lets hope the past politics and agendas can be left outside the door and this new initiative can spread like wildfire.
    Good work guys, keep it rolling...this is the change we need.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New wildlife group

What is this organization? What's their agenda? You used the word "preservation". That word has quite a different meaning than conservation. Is that the kind of change we want?

^^^ Yup. I’m highly suspicious of this sort of thing, a link to official policy would have put
    some of the doubts to rest.

At my age, suspicious, is the way I look at things until "proven to be different" then many of these so called
    "new preservation societies".
    What's their platform??where can we read up about them and who do "they" comprise of??

7 posts by this friendly stranger?
    Jel -- brand new on HBC like that other dude that got punted -- trying to move in on the mass of true members now on HBC for a free ride?
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-24-2018 at 08:20 PM. Reason: No need for these preserving types, it's called conservation

Quote Originally Posted by hunter4life223 View Post
    It was recently said at a Region 8 meeting that a organization that is to work for the preservation of wildlife and sustainable habitat is about to be launched.
    Great news, long overdue!
    Lets hope the past politics and agendas can be left outside the door and this new initiative can spread like wildfire.
    Good work guys, keep it rolling...this is the change we need.
    Yeah I heard about it too! I guess you and I are the only ones on this site privy to info. In fact I have the James theme song playing in my head non-stop as I think about all the many"major operations" that will be conducted. All I need is a flux capacitor and 1.1 jigawatts

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    At my age, suspicious, is the way I look at things until "proven to be different" then many of these so called
    "new preservation societies".
    What's their platform??where can we read up about them and who do "they" comprise of??
    Thinking it has a lot more credibility than the one I've had my butt ripped for being suspicious about.

More then smoke being blown just have not decided where this new organization stands yet

I do see a need for change though

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
    What is this organization? What's their agenda? You used the word "preservation". That word has quite a different meaning than conservation. Is that the kind of change we want?
    The word conservation as it’s presently being tossed around by some has absolutely no substance.

I’ve listened to what the “thinkers” behind this new program have to say.
    They’ve got the experience to put this together, they’ve got support from several like minded individuals and groups.

A couple of points for readers on here to ponder;
    1-Post count on HBC doesn’t mean you have a higher level of wildlife management in fact some of the superior personal that I’m aware of in dealing with wildlife issues DO NOT have a single post on HBC.
    2-Shifts in allotted shares of harvestable wildlife from one user group to another is NOT conservation even tho some conservation groups seem to have that mandate.

There are a few individuals in conservation organizations and bureaucrats pushing to see all user groups at the wildlife management table.

By this it means hunting groups, conservation groups and anti groups will all be there.
    This is a slippery slope coming at us. If the anti voice equals or outnumbers us when negotiating wildlife issues our heritage to hunt will be lost.

If wildlife goes to a “pay to play” system of management we will be shut out of the game exactly like we recently were with the grizzly issue.

The “preservation” of hunting as it has been traditionally passed down thru generations in this province is at risk of being lost.
    This is not the time to ride for the brand...it’s time to rally behind the voice that puts out the best bang for the buck when it comes to preserving hunting values for the future.

The guys behind the formation of this new group are experienced in running an organization, operating businesses, working on wildlife management solutions, operating within the political arena and realizing that respectful relationships with other groups must be maintained.

Theres a pretty good chance we might have a winner here!

Heard about this last week. As much as I encourage any individuals or group to support wildlife, i question with all the clubs already out there, why a new group feels they would be more effective. I know the individual behind this group and I am highly suspicious of his motives towards bc resident hunters. I will wait this one out for a bit.
    His initial email said come out to preserve BC wildlife and oh yeah bring your wallets and be prepared to donate. Yup first ever meeting and the message was bring your wallets. This guy was largely behind one of the most recent BCWF train wrecks. It may work, but make him earn it.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....