Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New wildlife group

Smile Re: New wildlife group

Quote Originally Posted by hunter4life223 View Post
    The word conservation as it’s presently being tossed around by some has absolutely no substance.

I’ve listened to what the “thinkers” behind this new program have to say.
    They’ve got the experience to put this together, they’ve got support from several like minded individuals and groups.

A couple of points for readers on here to ponder;
    1-Post count on HBC doesn’t mean you have a higher level of wildlife management in fact some of the superior personal that I’m aware of in dealing with wildlife issues DO NOT have a single post on HBC.
    2-Shifts in allotted shares of harvestable wildlife from one user group to another is NOT conservation even tho some conservation groups seem to have that mandate.

There are a few individuals in conservation organizations and bureaucrats pushing to see all user groups at the wildlife management table.

By this it means hunting groups, conservation groups and anti groups will all be there.
    This is a slippery slope coming at us. If the anti voice equals or outnumbers us when negotiating wildlife issues our heritage to hunt will be lost.

If wildlife goes to a “pay to play” system of management we will be shut out of the game exactly like we recently were with the grizzly issue.

The “preservation” of hunting as it has been traditionally passed down thru generations in this province is at risk of being lost.
    This is not the time to ride for the brand...it’s time to rally behind the voice that puts out the best bang for the buck when it comes to preserving hunting values for the future.

The guys behind the formation of this new group are experienced in running an organization, operating businesses, working on wildlife management solutions, operating within the political arena and realizing that respectful relationships with other groups must be maintained.

Theres a pretty good chance we might have a winner here!
    That all sounds really good... but why the secrecy? Most groups starting out do a big drive to get their name out there and garner support.

When you say you were at a Region 8 meeting, are you refering to the BCWF, an FLNRO meeting, or something else. Who brought it up and what context? Is it a completely new, seperate organization or a coming together of several? Just too many questions.

I hope this is all true; but until something is actually announced I am skeptical. Even more now than I would have been had they just come out and said who they were and what they hope to accomplish.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Re: New wildlife group

Those in the political and BCWF loop know him well. Maybe hunter4life223 can shed some light on the founder. If he is SO credible, he should have nothing to hide. Right? So who is he???
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Thumbs down Re: New wildlife group

Okay, hunter4life223 signs in on the 28th February 2018. Then four days ago, starts posting to the tune of 8 posts, of which 6 are swipes at the BCWF and the quai-creation of a new "preservation" organization.
    I say troll, what's your agenda?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Something smells funny.

Must be the shill in the air....

We don't need another wildlife organization. We need a hunter organization.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Lol anytime anyone says they aren’t happy with the current group people jump on them saying to start there own organization then. Someone finally does it and immediately gets bashed and called a troll for mentioning it. We are our own worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Okay, hunter4life223 signs in on the 28th February 2018. Then four days ago, starts posting to the tune of 8 posts, of which 6 are swipes at the BCWF and the quai-creation of a new "preservation" organization.
    I say troll, what's your agenda?
    Or, is he the new group leader?
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    We don't need another wildlife organization. We need a hunter organization.
    Ain't that the truth!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Lol anytime anyone says they aren’t happy with the current group people jump on them saying to start there own organization then. Someone finally does it and immediately gets bashed and called a troll for mentioning it. We are our own worst enemy.
    Just to be clear, I was not bashing the OP with my comments. I was sincerely curious about this new org. I am wondering who or what it's all about. Whys is this org. better that the rest? At what "reg 8 meeting"? Many questions from the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Ain't that the truth!!
    yep, unfortunately it seems lost on most hunters.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter