Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New wildlife group

Re: New wildlife group

It is obvious we need a new voice. What was our past voice has been bought by the likes of Raincoast and have made huge moves away from the Hunting Heritage and instead towards 'Compassionate Conservation'. I am sick and tired of the current situation of virtue signaling and pandering towards those that want to end hunting. I hope a new org will be able to rise up to be an actual voice for hunters, wildlife and the hunting heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    We don't need another wildlife organization. We need a hunter organization.
    This is the truth....and with proper funding, we can be an effective wildlife conservation group as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Lol anytime anyone says they aren’t happy with the current group people jump on them saying to start there own organization then. Someone finally does it and immediately gets bashed and called a troll for mentioning it. We are our own worst enemy.

I could be totally out to lunch as I spend all my time in Region 2, 5, and 7a so have no idea the going ons in region 8. If this group is for real I will support them there and hope they grow. I would gladly support a new organization.

But one that aligns with my values. Padfooting around, keeping most, it seems, in the dark and sending put marters to get a feel for opinions does not align with what I would expect or hope for. Mind you, it is getting harder and harder to support the current organizations as well. I know half the rumours are true so that is enough to make me question the other half. But until something better comes along its what we got.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Cool Re: New wildlife group

Cloaking such an announcement in Secrecy, employing an unknown (and perhaps suspicious) entity of the hunting Forum to announce this secret society, Rumors of a potentially undesirable / biased initiator, No background of any involved, No information provided of principles, agenda and focus...

Hmmmm...

Not really a positive approiach at all IMHO.

Yes, a great many are damn frustrated with the wildlife federation. You can count me there too.
    But I would suggest caution here.
    Jumping on the first dog & pony show that comes along seems foolish to me.
    Especially when they start off in such an inauspicious manner...

Just Sayin'
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I know I have brought this up before, and it's not my intent to bash the BCWF, as I do think they work inside the parameters that
    they designed to be in, and that's Wildlife, and I think many involved in that organization do the best they can, and I am not here to dredge up some personal disagreements or issues from the past...as it's time to move on, and let it be.
    And, I have no issue with certain organizations, in their own specific regions voicing concern, as we all know things differ from one area to the next, so we need "watchdogs" in different areas, as even I don't hunt every specific area in BC, so why would I know what happens independently in those area.
    But working together is an issue that concerns me, and continually blaming hunters for it, is a big issue in my opinion.
    What we do need, is an organization that is just about "Hunting", for hunters!, one where anyone who hunts, whether it be a resident, a guide or GO, should not matter, and even FN (although, I don't see that they need to be a part of it, as we all here would love to have the same rights as them).
    Something where we can have one voice, you know, "all for one and one for all".
    Now we have a Party/ies in power who want to abolish as much of the right as possible, and past powers wanted to see the
    opportunities go to those with the deepest wallets in the form of privatization.
    None have really ever shown a concern for the "average joe and the right to keep hunting a heritage".
    None have taken the time and more importantly, added the money towards wildlife or hunters to do so.
    Instead, we have just faced regulation upon regulation, and being told this is the way to fix the issue we faced at those times.
    We need an Organization for US, to have a voice.
    We need to work together, as hunters, regardless of status or position of how we hunt here in BC.
    I understand that can "scare BCWF", if hunters were to start "donating" to a hunter organization, rather then to them.
    That's where the dilemma is, in my opinion.
    It's "common interest" being lost to "independent interests", and thus the spiral downwards.
    I think the BCWF needs to recognize that there need to be a "BC Resident Hunters Organization".
    Without hunters from here, they will get nothing in regards to donations, if hunters all give up, or better yet, are "forced" to give up hunting.
    At the same time, we hunters need to recognize that "we need the BCWF".
    Without Wildlife or help for wildlife thru "having a voice for Wildlife", which as it stands, is the BCWF, we wont have game to pursue!
    Basically, can't have one without the other!
    Time to drop the knives, daggers and swords, stop cutting our own throats, and get together, work together and get organied.
    There seems to be a few chaps and gals on this site, who probably have the ability, talent, to get something up and running
    properly.
    And someone like the BCWF could help that happen, as long as they feel that "funding for them", wont get lost/sacrifices for them.
    But, maybe sacrificing some of the donations is what is needed for them to remain in the long run?
    Maybe getting some of that sacrificed funding they lost or would lose, back from the government coffers is a way to make up for that.
    It would be "Resident Hunters" who could scream to the government in a large voice, for some of that funding to be paid to the BCWF, to stay afloat, and continue their pursuit to help wildlife here in BC.
    I can see this being a benefit for all of us......hunters helping hunters, and hunters having a say, a voice.
    But, as it stands right now, I see us all losing in the end.
    Why, because it's how it's always been, and there is no no one willing to see it differently.
    No one wants to give up their immediate comfort right now, to sacrifice all, for the chance of a better tomorrow.
    Rather just point fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Cloaking such an announcement in Secrecy, employing an unknown (and perhaps suspicious) entity of the hunting Forum to announce this secret society, Rumors of a potentially undesirable / biased initiator, No background of any involved, No information provided of principles, agenda and focus...

Hmmmm...

Not really a positive approiach at all IMHO.

Yes, a great many are damn frustrated with the wildlife federation. You can count me there too.
    But I would suggest caution here.
    Jumping on the first dog & pony show that comes along seems foolish to me.
    Especially when they start off in such an inauspicious manner...

Just Sayin'
    Nog
    Plenty of people are in the loop and it’s been put out for constructive criticism and input before the formal launch.
    Where this is headed isn’t a bash of current groups, instead it’s the formation of a new unified organization with the goal to preserve our hunting heritage and the wildlife we all cherish.

Arrow Re: New wildlife group

Quote Originally Posted by hunter4life223 View Post
    Plenty of people are in the loop and it’s been put out for constructive criticism and input before the formal launch.
    Where this is headed isn’t a bash of current groups, instead it’s the formation of a new unified organization with the goal to preserve our hunting heritage and the wildlife we all cherish.
    If that is truly the case, then answer each one of the issues I identified above.
    Clearly and succinctly please & thanks.

Otherwise you are simply coming across as yet another C-Tease.

Capish?
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Maybe one of the mods can lock this. No sense in bashing each other. Once the "new org" has something that can be posted and viewed here on HBC, lets not help the anti's by attacking each other.

I sure as heck don't see the problems that some seem to be seeing or trying to make an issue of. From what I know, this group should be a really positive step and I look forward to hearing more when the time comes!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter4life223 View Post
    Questions-
    Who chairs this?
    Who are the individuals behind it?
    What stakeholders have aligned to form the oranization?

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea