Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Accomodations MU 3-17

Re: Accomodations MU 3-17

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyla View Post
    I'm open to anything as long as it's reasonable and they don't mind us hanging our game there. I just said cabin because that's what we've done in previous years if we haven't done the motorhome/tent trailer combo. This year though, that's not an option as my dad no longer has his little suzuki to tow behind his motorhome, and our tent trailer... well lets just say it's seen better days. I'll still beat it up dragging it through the logging roads to camp around here, but I don't think it's going on any more out of town trips with us.
    Oh right, hanging game. I overlooked that. I wasn’t thinking about that because our plan was to hang quarters in a chest fridge in the back of our truck. Lol, over the tub with ac full blast?
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    Clearwater is nowhere near 3-17???

BHB
    That was just an alternate thought I threw out there for another area that might be suitable if not 3-17. Sorry, I guess I could have worded that better or saved it for a different thread if we can't come up with something in 3-17. We're still just in the very vague stages of planning our trip. If our choice is stay around Logan Lake (which is the only place I've found so far) and have to add an extra hour travel each way every day to our hunt or pick a different MU, I'll pick a different MU and Clearwater area also looked like it had enough to offer in Oct. to make everyone in the hunting party happy. It's not always easy when you have 4-6 people all with different ideas what they want to do to come up with something that works. I'd be happy enough to just take the tent and not have to worry about finding accomodations nearby, but it's not just me and I would miss hanging out with everyone at the end of the day and exchanging stories over dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Oh right, hanging game. I overlooked that. I wasn’t thinking about that because our plan was to hang quarters in a chest fridge in the back of our truck. Lol, over the tub with ac full blast?
    I wonder what housekeeping would do? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyla View Post
    I guess I should have mentioned we're going in October (when my husband can get time off work) which is why I was looking at within 3-17. Quickly looking it looks like Tunkwa lake is more 3-18/3-19. I don't really want to have to add an extra hour onto my travel back and forth each day on top of getting to somewhere I can hunt once I'm there. That's a lot of unnecessary gas and time. If we were going in November, that would be a much better option.
    3-18 has excellent hunting in October and November and you can legally hunt about 5 minutes from your cabin at Tunkwa.
    I've shot many deer and moose in 3-18/3-19 over the years, Tunkwa lake road is the MU boundary, so one side is 3-19 and the resort side is 3-18.
    Just wondering why you're so set on 3-17, do you have an area scouted out over there?
    Tunkwa also has a nice meat shed for hanging game.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    3-18 has excellent hunting in October and November and you can legally hunt about 5 minutes from your cabin at Tunkwa.
    I've shot many deer and moose in 3-18/3-19 over the years, Tunkwa lake road is the MU boundary, so one side is 3-19 and the resort side is 3-18.
    Just wondering why you're so set on 3-17, do you have an area scouted out over there?
    Tunkwa also has a nice meat shed for hanging game.
    3-18 and 3-19 Moose isn't open until November and not everyone in our party can go in Nov. Otherwise it would be perfect. I don't have my heart set on 3-17 necessarily, it was just an area where we could all come to a compromise on what we wanted to hunt without losing too many days with ferries and driving.

I don’t do the cabin thing so can’t help there

But my advice is out side of bighorn, birds and spring bear 3-17 is very low on the list of places I would hunt in region 3. Way better option in most other MUs in 3

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post

But my advice is out side of bighorn, birds and spring bear 3-17 is very low on the list of places I would hunt in region 3. Way better option in most other MUs in 3
    I appreciate that. Never hunted in region 3 and not familiar with the area at all. It was my dad's idea now I'm just trying to nail down some details and make it work. Will keep looking at other areas and see what we can come up with as alternatives

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post

I would second that. Have hunted it from one side to the other for sheep or scouting for sheep and the amount of deer seen in 20 years can be counted on my fingers and toes. And one moose spotted in that time frame.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Try Clinton, Cache Creek or Loon Lake. Lots of deer around there, fire or not.

3-17 has some of the best mule deer hunting in the province.