Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meat grinder /sausage maker

Re: Meat grinder /sausage maker

We have the Cabelas 1 3/4 hp Cabelas.. Susan hands meat into the top hopper....i push it down the tube to the grinder as fast as we can..it devours the meat..3 tote tubs of trimming..gone in under 10 minutes..no straining..no problems..i bought this one out of USA AND Dave..AKA BIGBORE" picked it up and dropped it off..like the new Carnivore design..new front cap has much better places to tighten and loosen by hand.
    Keep plates knives mated. Period . freeze the auger, plate, knife for 3 hours or so before using.
    Put meat in freezer for 3 hours prior to grinding..really helps the grinding process .
    Cheers
    Steven

As Butcher posted about the Hobart grinder he's bang on they are good ,they are used commercially in many meat establishments as well as Biro and Butcher Boy and the list goes on....
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    We have the Cabelas 1 3/4 hp Cabelas.. Susan hands meat into the top hopper....i push it down the tube to the grinder as fast as we can..it devours the meat..3 tote tubs of trimming..gone in under 10 minutes..no straining..no problems..i bought this one out of USA AND Dave..AKA BIGBORE" picked it up and dropped it off..like the new Carnivore design..new front cap has much better places to tighten and loosen by hand.
    Keep plates knives mated. Period . freeze the auger, plate, knife for 3 hours or so before using.
    Put meat in freezer for 3 hours prior to grinding..really helps the grinding process .
    Cheers
    Steven
    Good to know about the Carnivore machines Steven ,they do look heavy duty ! Yes keeping things cold is good advice !
    Arctic Lake

I got a Weston pro, commercial grade. Grinds meat way faster than I can throw it in the hopper. Came with 4 grinding plates and a sausage stuffing tube. Has been flawless so far.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.