Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meat grinder /sausage maker

Re: Meat grinder /sausage maker

Find a used Hobart grinder. 2hp minimum at a restaurant supply. F. Dick or Tre Spade stuffer.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty30-06 View Post
    Hey everyone...im in the market for meat grinder and sausage maker....but with so many options and limmited budget hard to choose...saw some one at cabelas for 150 which is a good price...but dont want to be stuck buying one every 2 years....any advice would be great...main use will be black bear and deer.
    Save your money and get a 3/4 HP Carnivore
    perseverance pays off

Cabelas 3/4 HP Carnivore

Picked one up last fall, ran a moose through it without slowing down. Did a whole bear (6'7) in about 10 minutes.
    Good Old Outdoors "I was so puckered up down betweenst my butt cheeks I could have made a world class diamond that Beyonce herself couldn't even handle."

You get what you pay for. These chinese stuffers will blow by the piston when making pepperoni unless the meat is full of water. It can't take the pressure . Buy Biro or Hobart for the grinder and Dick or Tre Spade hand crank stuffer . If you watch Used or Kijiji or craigslist for a used one you will be a lot happier . You also will do the job in half the amount of time

Think im gonna go for the carnivore. ...cabelas warranty. ..and cool name hahahha.

Those of you that posted Tre Spade and F.Dick for manual hand stuffers . What model of Tre Spade do you have ? What model of F.Dick do you have ? If you purchased new where did you find the best price ?
    Thanks !
    Arctic Lake

Bought my first tre spade used. It was the 15 lb upright for $500. Most recently I bought the 30 lb from Halford in Alberta for about $1500. They are top notch units and you’ll never need to replace it.

Hmm my F.Dick was literally brought in suitcase from Germany and hand delivered to me..it will never need to be replaced in my lifetime..nor to the next owner. .

Highly recomend ed quality.
    Steven

Those Carnivore's give me some serious chubb.....
    I have the princes auto and every time I use it I'm scared its going to shit the bed...

LEM 3/4 hp grinder and 10lb dual speed stuffers works well for me so far. It is an investment in the forest to table lifestyle, and you can't go wrong with that.