Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meat grinder /sausage maker

Meat grinder /sausage maker

Hey everyone...im in the market for meat grinder and sausage maker....but with so many options and limmited budget hard to choose...saw some one at cabelas for 150 which is a good price...but dont want to be stuck buying one every 2 years....any advice would be great...main use will be black bear and deer.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Meat grinder /sausage maker

I just bought one of the cabela's commercial grades, they're on sale right now. Probably overkill for what I'll use it for, but I'd rather not have to replace a $100 one a couple of years from now. Decent reviews on the website. Don't go cheap and you only wince once!

Cabelas was junk for me. Even their best ones. Went and spent the extra on good equipment.

Try and buy one with metal gears if you can. Most of the cheaper ones will be plastic and that is their weak point. Check out Princess Auto.

Anything cabelas brand is guaranteed for life. Use it until it breaks, return it for a new one every couple years.

Hmm Cabelas grinder 1 1/2 hp has worked flawless for 10 years.the Dick sausage stuffer much longer. .
    However Butcher is a professional.....
    Steven

My partner has this set up, works really well.

https://www.halfordsmailorder.com/th...t-bshunterskit

A bit of an investment but you're saving $358 opposed to buying the items separately.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Cabelas 3/4 horse has been great. I ran an entire moose through it in a sitting and it never missed a beat. Makes sausage well too. To my eye the entire unit is very well made, the motor literally weighs 40+ lbs.

Yea when I was speaking with the sales guy he mentioned the lowest priced one had plastic gears and all others have metal...great input...and I didnt know about cabelas stuff being life time warranty. ..that is a perk for sure....will also check princess auto as well

I bought a cabelas carnivore last year and its amazing. I make way more hamburger than I mean to cause its just so easy and... well.. fun. I did my 2 deers worth of burger in maybe 5 minutes the thing is a beast. it is built like a tank. as a bonus when I put it somewhere it doesnt wander off and get misplaced because its too heavy for my wife to move