Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Shed hike, 4 ticks. 0 sheds. Ticks are out and hungry.

Re: Shed hike, 4 ticks. 0 sheds. Ticks are out and hungry.

Jeez, this thread freaks me out. Take it from me, Lyme disease is no joke. I'm 7 years in various treatments and it has been a tough slog at times.

I think the common protocol now is to run a course of antibiotics if you are bit but I'll be the first one to tell you the medical experts are figuring this out as they go. I'm on such a strong cocktail of antibiotics I wouldn't worry if I was bit but I'd have to think long and hard about starting treatment if my wife or one of my kids was bit.

Lots of people (me included) carry Lyme for years and their body keeps it fully suppressed. Then an event occurs that distracts the body's immune system (for me, concussion) and the Lyme gets the upper hand. Then you have to kill it completely and it is a sneaky bacteria that learns to hide from antibiotic treatment. It is one of the most miserable things that won't kill you.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Found one on me yesterday near Nelson. Tis the season! Tuck those pants in!

Quote Originally Posted by hparrott View Post
    I took a new hunter out on Saturday in the fraser valley and she got a tick on her stomach. Embedded itself before she felt it. She was quite worried/upset about it at the time. Those buggers are out in full force for sure. I didn't have any tweezers or anything to remove it with on me at the time, but I had a disinfectant bleach wipe and it backed right out when I grabbed it with that.
    I would have treated it like a snakebite and sucked that tick off her stomach. No time to mess around!!

Here is an easy method to stop the ticks from getting up your legs. I wrapped duct tape around the top of my gaiters and caught a tick on each leg. I was pretty happy with how well it worked. Carry the roll with you and recharge the stickiness a few times when needed. Cheap tick control.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    I would have treated it like a snakebite and sucked that tick off her stomach. No time to mess around!!

Here is an easy method to stop the ticks from getting up your legs. I wrapped duct tape around the top of my gaiters and caught a tick on each leg. I was pretty happy with how well it worked. Carry the roll with you and recharge the stickiness a few times when needed. Cheap tick control.

Great idea , Red Green would be proud of you .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

I agree
    Last edited by leannejason; 04-17-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Good idea Winchester...who's ever had them get on to you from above?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterock View Post
    What is permethrin,,and where do you buy it?
    US Walmart...

Quote Originally Posted by st99 View Post
    what brand of permethrin do you use?

After extensive research, the best products available are not legal in Canada.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sawyer-Pr...-Gear/19887389

X3^^^
    If the women can`t find you handsome at least they can find you sticky.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Holy cow you guys. I've just read through all 6 pages of this hoping to see a shed or two and all I've seen is blood suckers. We don't have them here in NZ but as I young fella I did get mobile dandruff off a young lady.
    Last edited by gamehunter6o; 04-18-2018 at 02:09 AM.
    I'll be home before winter. It's too cold to sleep out.