I lucked out and pulled a sheep tag for the Tatshenshini 6-29 and am looking from a bit of wisdom from the experienced members of the HuntingBC community. Last fall was my rookie season and this was my first LEH I've applied for so feeling very blessed. New to hunting but not to the outdoors. I've been mountaineering/fishing/camping my whole life (currently 42). I'm a firm believer in preparation, and have spent the last few weeks researching the area, dall sheep in general and reading every scrap of information available on this sites past threads. Have also read all government counts/studies of BC thinhorns. Laminated topo map is in the mail.

My current plan is to fly into Whitehorse, rent a truck, drive down and start hiking. 2 week hunt total. Most likely going solo.
I'm looking for any inside information from members who have previously gone on this hunt. Specifically when is the best time to go. From past threads it sounds like the open date can get a bit crowded and I"m not interested in going all that way to hunt in a crowd. I've already nailed down how to access the different drainages most likely to hold sheep and have a rough hunt plan in place. Looking to fill in the details that are going to help me connect on a sheep. PM's are great.

I'll be documenting the whole process of how I'm preparing for this hunt, (gear, fitness program, shooting practice etc) in the hope that it will assist other new hunters looking to get into chasing sheep.

Thank you in advance for any guidance/ information

Hunterchef