Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tatshenshini dall sheep hunt 2018

Re: Tatshenshini dall sheep hunt 2018

Last year I tried de-hydrating the wipes by leaving the package open then rehydrating as needed and it worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrax View Post
    Last year I tried de-hydrating the wipes by leaving the package open then rehydrating as needed and it worked great.
    Wow..gotta say..THAT my friend is THE hard core tip of the century..yup hard core.
    Cheers
    Steven

Oh man! I don't know squat about that area .... yet. But I would try and fly into a lake and hike from there. Ya go solo! I do two week solo stone hunts and its awesome! Best hunt ever! Wen I go on my Dall hunt I wont come back till I have one. Yes yes I know...
    Good luck!! (dehydrated wipes... great idea, maybe ill have to do that on my three week solo hunt)
    "Pimpin' aint easy"

Hmm 628..ya maybe do the fly in scene..but 629 not so much..can be done but not by floats..lol..but still by plane.
    Cheers
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    Love hearing from hunters who wear out more smart phones than hiking boots

You sir are the reason this site has gone downhill. Just do everyone a favour and flock off

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    Love hearing from hunters who wear out more smart phones than hiking boots
    Sorry my friend ..we all have to do our due diligence. .read old articles..hint..Jack O conner..yes look at maps. Study them repeatadly.but then go the next step talk to hunters who have been successful. ..and those who had a successful trip and may not have harvested an animal.
    We do have an advantage today with being able to access 100's of times more information thats much more recent than in the past..by computer..telephone..its just a different way to track down that information.
    What do you suggest to do ? Take 2 weeks off work..drive from Vancouver to the Yukon and back down the Haines..snow being there till june..so you duggest spending a extra 2 weeks..extra $2,000..head home and go back to hunt in 8 weeks..double the cost double the fun.
    It does work for closer hunts I am constantly doing repeated scouting trips for grizzly, black bear, deer..moose..but unfortunately repeated trips to the Yukon..are not the same.
    The season is only so long..why not ask others early..middle..late..why or why not..
    In the end the hunter has to make decisions based on the collective knowledge he collects, however it is collected .
    I have been doing this hunting thing for over 40 years..im still learning asking questions making phone calls..sending emails
    Sometimes repeating mistakes and not learning from that..is mearly wasting time.
    Good luck in your hunting season.
    Cheers
    Srupp

Lots of Grizz up there. If you're going solo. Watch yourself!! AND bring a few extra rounds with you. Good luck !!

Quote Originally Posted by 44inchStone View Post
    Lots of Grizz up there. If you're going solo. Watch yourself!! AND bring a few extra rounds with you. Good luck !!
    Very good information..true and important..
    Srupp

Boot this thread back up. How did the lucky tag holders do in 2018.
    This the season to start thinking about it,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Jrax View Post
    This was a great tip! I did the same this past fall for my sheep hunt. It worked like a charm!