Thread: Relocating from Vancouver Island to Cranbrook

Relocating from Vancouver Island to Cranbrook

Hi everyone,

I have accepted a job as a natural resource officer with the BC government and will be relocating to Cranbrook in May, I am very excited to fish, camp, and explore a new part of the province (I have also lived in Prince Rupert and Spent two years in the Yukon). I was curious to know of anyone had any recommendations on local organizations to get involved with and the best fish and game/range club around. I served on the board of directors with the Yukon Fish and Game Association and would be interested in getting involved and connecting with the hunting/outdoors community in the east Kooteneys! Housing also appears to be an issue and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best place to look for accommodations?

Hope to meet some of you fine folk in the future!

Marc Jubinville

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Relocating from Vancouver Island to Cranbrook

Hi Marc,

You really will like the East Kootenays I'm sure! I live a couple hours north of Cranbrook. I suggest you look into the BC chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers. There are a lot of members in and around the Cranbrook area.

Chad

What is a natural Resource Officer?

Check out the local silhouette club, I think they use the Bull River range and have hosted the canadian nationals at least twice recently.