Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WILD TV programs

Re: WILD TV programs

Don't have cable TV or Netflix. I watch none of that shit.

Gives me tons of time to do other stuff like tinker with hunting gear or work in the garden and I like it that way.

I miss my show I was on ...😉

Wild TV has done more damage to the image of hunting than cancer has done to all of Man Kind!

Quote Originally Posted by M.Dean View Post
    Wild TV has done more damage to the image of hunting than cancer has done to all of Man Kind!
    That's how I felt about it.
    There are some "class acts" there, especially the "solo hunts" IMO....but...
    There was way to many, usually American shows, that just make us hunters look like a bunch of
    uneducated rednek hillbillies, with nothing to offer but the "size of the bone".
    It's not what I like to have "reflected about me and how I pursue hunting", and more importantly,
    "why I hunt".

WAS an ardent WILDTV defender.........until Ryan Goes Rogue!! Actually asked myself after a couple minutes, "OMG....am I watching this?".......then changed the channel!
    Now with some car shows entering the scene, called Shaw and shut 'er down!
    She's been spiraling and sputtering for a while now!
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    That's how I felt about it.
    There are some "class acts" there, especially the "solo hunts" IMO....but...
    There was way to many, usually American shows, that just make us hunters look like a bunch of
    uneducated rednek hillbillies, with nothing to offer but the "size of the bone".
    It's not what I like to have "reflected about me and how I pursue hunting", and more importantly,
    "why I hunt".
    Yep. This is what gives the antis more ammo...the ultimate warrior make up...screaming and yelling after the shot...all about the "trophy". Some the cdn content is okay but beside the mountain and moose hunts the rest of the hunts takes place in a farmer's field. Some big game but let's face it totally unrealistic for the avg person and hardly a tough hunt....

I like shows where they don’t always connect and when they do it’s not necessarily a book animal. Meateater comes to mind as a show that I think paints a realistic and down to earth picture of hunting. Rinella has more than a few episodes where he comes up empty handed and he’s not ashamed of that because that’s the reality of hunting.

I just want to see average guys showing how they "approach a new area", without any "guide knowledge".
    Show me how they "dissect an area" to hunt it.
    Show me the hard climb, the physical effort, the fun in camaraderie.
    And yes, show me the hunt and the pursuit.
    Show me the success, and then the major effort to pack it out.
    Not just, wow, look at that beast etc....and the n later....okay..get the side by side here to take it away.
    Show what hunting "totally entails", show me the "scenery", you know, an area where I may never have been, but now since
    you have shown me, I may now want to explore that area for myself.
    Not a ranch, where it will cost me 5-10 grand to show up....F*** that!.

I like the shooting shows more than most of the hunting shows. It’s only $3 a month so I have it but don’t watch much. Never seen Ryan goes rogue, now I want to watch it !
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

You can't beat Jim Shockeys Hunting Adventures )
    Actually pretty down to earth

I like the exotics so Hornady's Dark and Dangerous, Bushnells Trigger Effect by a couple of locals, Rob Dunhams Magnum Reloaded, Colorado Buck

Gave up on waiting for Larysa to get unleashed
    and yes pvr is mandatory
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole