Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: west coast salmon closure 2018 thoughts

Re: west coast salmon closure 2018 thoughts

and effectively reducing the number of sea lions and seals in numerous "hot spot" locations along the coast.
    There are a lot more seal and sea lions now than there was when I growing up in the fifties. It was $6.00 a nose for seals and seal noses were hard to get.
    Now it seems like there are seals or sea lions on every rock or log boom.

By not controlling the seal numbers is like a farmer trying to grow a crop with out controlling the weeds

Shoot the seals and also do something similar to the lispy lefty liberals.

They both are not Chinook friendly critters.
    Blacktailaholic

The Eskimos are complaining that their seal populations are down and they are having a hard time feeding their families.

I have the solution: Give them a nice vacation, fly them down to Victoria, let them visit Butchart Gardens The museum etc. I personally will take a couple of guys out to Race Rocks, Secretary Island and let them have at er!!!
    I am sure that there would be a bunch of other guys that would be willing to do the same. Once they have harvested enough seals and sea lions load them up in a freezer compartment and send them back to the north.
    They can feed their families and reduce pressure on their seal population. And it would cost less than all the welfare handouts.

Quote Originally Posted by MOOSE MILK View Post
    The Eskimos are complaining that their seal populations are down and they are having a hard time feeding their families.

I have the solution: Give them a nice vacation, fly them down to Victoria, let them visit Butchart Gardens The museum etc. I personally will take a couple of guys out to Race Rocks, Secretary Island and let them have at er!!!
    I am sure that there would be a bunch of other guys that would be willing to do the same. Once they have harvested enough seals and sea lions load them up in a freezer compartment and send them back to the north.
    They can feed their families and reduce pressure on their seal population. And it would cost less than all the welfare handouts.
    Where's the like button?
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

I'm fish in region 20 around Sooke BC and the rumours on the news says the Government closing my area to feed the killer whales.
    Kind of silly, Killer whales don't stay in one area and they don't just eat fish. When the whales are around the seals and sea lions seem to panic and get out of the water.
    Last edited by 303savage; 05-04-2018 at 09:53 AM.