Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Who is bringing the Tomatoes?

Re: Who is bringing the Tomatoes?

It is obvious that some are newly motivated and are attacking/trying to undermine the Fed.
    Pretty sad.
    Hunters attacking hunters....

Be nice to see the same amount of effort being exuded in lobbying for wildlife at the highest levels.
    Too much sandbox shit going on (as always)

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    Deflect deflect deflect.
    Why is Weaver speaking at all?
    Why is the BCWF inviting somebody who calls hunters barbaric to speak?
    Why?
    Why do you support this?
    It's the BC WILDLIFE Federation, not the BC HUNTER Federation

Weaver is both an elected member of the legislature and a quasi-member of government. Don't you want elected officials that have the power to enact legislation to be at the meeting?

He will be speaking ON THE RECORD and most likely there will be questions from the floor or question from a moderator - don't you want those questions answered?

With how frequently Weaver sticks his foot in his mouth I'm overjoyed that he will be there (wonder what he will say about salmon).

I don't go to a meeting like this just to listen to the Choir parrot back everything I already believe in.

Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    It is obvious that some are newly motivated and are attacking/trying to undermine the Fed.
    Pretty sad.

Be nice to see the same amount of effort being exuded in lobbying for wildlife at the highest levels.
    How's that Habitat Habitat Habitat mantra going for you? If you just BELIEVE it will happen. Oh, and pretending to be mad at the 'Anti' and calling them dreadful names builds the Karma for growing more Habitat too and yet, not mad that the real 'Anti' was invited to speak to a so-called hunting org? From the way you pretented to attack Jass, one would think you'd be the first one lining up to throw tomatoes.

Pretty sad.

Pretty obvious the FED is eating itself....
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Pretty sad.

Thought you weren't a member..least that's what you told me..change your tune.?
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    It's the BC WILDLIFE Federation, not the BC HUNTER Federation

Weaver is both an elected member of the legislature and a quasi-member of government. Don't you want elected officials that have the power to enact legislation to be at the meeting?

He will be speaking ON THE RECORD and most likely there will be questions from the floor or question from a moderator - don't you want those questions answered?

With how frequently Weaver sticks his foot in his mouth I'm overjoyed that he will be there (wonder what he will say about salmon).

I don't go to a meeting like this just to listen to the Choir parrot back everything I already believe in.

Me.
    Good post!

Quote Originally Posted by willyqbc View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong here....bit i was under the impression that the bcwf executive, directors etc were ELECTED...from the membership and by the membership??? If we the hunters of the province dont like what the fed is doing, we need to elect the people we feel more accurately reflect our stance! How many of the folks who complain about the fed have ever been to an agm to elect the leadership? Or stood for a position themselves? I certainly havent....therefore i feel i have no right to bitch about what they do. Like it or not, the bcwf is the govt recognized "voice of hunters". If you dont like what that voice is saying....step up to the plate.....decisions are made by those who show up.

To be clear...this is not directed at anyone in particular....just an observation from one who has seen the same exact thing over the years in a couple different unions.

Chris
    I'll be there. I'm interested in hearing what all the speaker have to say.
    How many of you tomatoe throwers are showing up? Anyone?

Willing to bet, Weaver was invited to speak about 'Climate Change' and won't be taking any questions whatsoever regarding hunting. If one was trying to engage government, one would invite an actual Minister to speak, a Minister that actually deals with wildlife issues in their portfolio. Weaver is not a Minister. He is just a dude from a fringe party with 3 seats. No power other than proping up a minority gov't and speaking up for his Green base who are Anti Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Willing to bet, Weaver was invited to speak about 'Climate Change' and won't be taking any questions whatsoever regarding hunting. If one was trying to engage government, one would invite an actual Minister to speak, a Minister that actually deals with wildlife issues in their portfolio. Weaver is not a Minister. He is just a dude from a fringe party with 3 seats. No power other than proping up a minority gov't and speaking up for his Green base who are Anti Hunters.
    Hi Dana

Here is a partial list of speakers invited to attend and speak at the AGM. At the time of your original post, only Andrew Weaver had sent in his bio to be posted.

http://www.bcwf.net/index.php/bcwf-a...-speakers-2018

Minister Donaldson is one of the other attendees who will be speaking, and taking questions from the floor.
    Make sure to Like and Share us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/BCWildlifeFederation

Twitter- @BCWildlife

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Thought you weren't a member..least that's what you told me..change your tune.?
    Nope, not a member.

I am all about putting wildlife first.
    I will support anyone helping in that cause regardless of brand.

What I find disconcerting is how the hunting community fights in the sandbox.
    I simply pick where I wish to play.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea