Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manual sauasge stuffer

Re: Manual sauasge stuffer

Hmmm if you want quality..top of the line last for generations..buy once cry once..quality from day one ?
    The Friederik Dick sausage stuffer represents THE best units in the world..nothing even close..
    The unit capable of 30 pounds...weighs 65.35 pounds..no cheap flimsy anywhere..even the price.. $1,680 USD..
    I was gifted a brand new one delivered from Germany..that was 20 years ago..still looks and functions like new.its a smaller capacity. .i still use it yearly..without any issues at all..will last another 80 years plus...

Hmm if we are talking sausage.we must be talking Dick.....lol..
    Steven

We’ve been using a Chop-Rite stuffer for over 30 years now. Can’t tell you how many pounds have been through it, but has surpassed the 1000lb mark anyway. Great unit, heavy cast iron and made in the USA.

http://www.chop-rite.com/product/sausage-stuffer-25-35/
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Definitely buy a good quality stuffer with hardened all steel gears.

As for size it depends on your budget and more importantly the volume you plan on making.

I have a 5lb LEM and it’s well built, but it’s just too small for my needs. I consider 50lbs a small batch of sausage (my buddy and I recently built 525lbs one Saturday).

I bit the bullet and picked up a 30 lb (15L) Trespade SS Deluxe vertical stuffer. I paid dearly for it, but this thing is a beast (weighs just over 80lbs), makes stuffing fast and effortless, and will be the last one I need to buy.
    Last edited by StoneChaser; 03-19-2018 at 08:09 PM.
    As long as there's carbon in the air, there's hope!

Just bought a 5lb vertical stuffer from cabelas with steel gears today on sale for $120...used it today with no complaints..just need to mount it to something heavy, today I used wood clamps and it moved around a bit..but sure beats using a grinder for stuffing.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Got a Trespade 20L. great quality stuffer
    Resident Hunter - Team 45/70 Member #680

Quote Originally Posted by twanger View Post
    Got a Trespade 20L. great quality stuffer

No shortcuts there, that is a life long friend. Very nice investment.

Pretty tough to make pepperoni with a cheaper stuffer as the meat will blow by the cups . There OK for larger casing

Thanks Cdub, this stuffer and my Tor-Rey Meat Grinder are excellent quality..

Quote Originally Posted by cdub View Post
    No shortcuts there, that is a life long friend. Very nice investment.
    Resident Hunter - Team 45/70 Member #680