Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manual sauasge stuffer

Manual sauasge stuffer

Hi Fellas
    Was wondering what vertical hand crank manual sausage stuffer you use ? What brand ? What capacity ? How much have you used it ?
    How would you rate it ?

Don't want a flimsy machine ! Vertical Stainless steel ,Steel gears, Hand crank, Air release.

Thanks
    Arctic Lake

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Manual sauasge stuffer

I have used a 10lb vertical from northern tool, worked fine, all metal gears, hard to crank if 1 person.
    Presently have 25lb vert cabelas, all metal 2 speed gears, easier to crank, has air release and helps when in reverse, expect to waste about 1lb of meat in the bottom funnel.
    Also have a 5lb horizontal trespad stuffer, all metal, easy to crank, next to no wastage, downfall too small for most batches, cost, i bought it 25yrs ago for 150 now its about 4-500.

I use a 5lb LEM hand crank version. For the quantities I make its perfect. Love it!!!

I use the 5 lb one from princess auto. Stainless, hand crank, air release. But it has plastic gears. No trouble from it yet, after close to 5 years of use. I run a fair amount of batches through it too.

I have a 10 lb from princess auto. Steel gears and air release. Works Great, had it for approx 5 years and never a problem. Got to take the time to clean everything well and be careful with the o-ring. We make approx 200-250 pd of pepperoni, garlic coil and bratwurst a year. Never let us down yet.

5 Lbs Cabelas, steel gears works great for the small batches I make.

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    I use the 5 lb one from princess auto. Stainless, hand crank, air release. But it has plastic gears. No trouble from it yet, after close to 5 years of use. I run a fair amount of batches through it too.
    when you do break the gears order the metal ones from LEM Products, they drop Right in.... for that matter most all pieces are interchangeable

Thanks for taking the time to reply fellas ! If there are any other suggestions please post them up !
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Bag1 View Post
    when you do break the gears order the metal ones from LEM Products, they drop Right in.... for that matter most all pieces are interchangeable
    Thank you. I like to run my sausage meat as cold as I can. There’s a chance I’ll strip them for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to reply fellas ! If there are any other suggestions please post them up !
    Arctic Lake
    The stuffers spice kits I use, make me fill my 5 Lber 3 times. I’d consider a 10 lber if I was ever to buy another one. Just so I can keep up the rhythm grinding instead of stopping to refill and wash my hands.