View Poll Results: Should BC consider similar legislation?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 39.80%
  • NO

59 60.20%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada Adopts New Shed Hunting Regulations

Re: Nevada Adopts New Shed Hunting Regulations

Kamloops has the famous Dew Drop -- 40 minute drive out for mule deer bucks sheds, bluff after bluff of excellent buck habitat for winter range.
    -- Drive out to past the kammy Airport on Tranquille Road to Kissick, MU 3-29 and your along the ( North Shore of Lake) on the road, to Frederick if you want, you can hike where ever you want, it's like Colorado or Wyoming in appearance, yet I think even more muley it's got lots a drop offs, if you want to hike around. Criss Creek.
    Jel -- Skull Mt, Goudreaux out in 3-28 has nice shed hunting country , world class in all things Rocky Mt mule Deer. They come down from the Bonaparte lake country to winter, in October,Nov and stay til snow melts. 40 minute drive from Kammy on Hwy 5 or Westsyde Road to Skull.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-15-2018 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Mule deer bucks drop gorgeous sheds

I myself would like to see a ban on shed hunting till the first of may as well but do you think that will keep the shed hunters out of the bush not likely they
    will still break the law my thoughts are maybe 60% will not break the law the other 40% will break the law..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I myself would like to see a ban on shed hunting till the first of may as well but do you think that will keep the shed hunters out of the bush not likely they
    will still break the law my thoughts are maybe 60% will not break the law the other 40% will break the law..
    See we can stop that. Just like CO and NV we can put out bait sheds with expensive GPS chips and cameras in them. Who needs money for actual conservation? We must stop Shed Poachers instead! Spend thousands of dollars baiting those shed poachers so we can collect a few hundred dollars in fines. Sounds like a great idea don't it? We can put all these new CO's to work right away. FisherDude can get right on it. When Weaver gets done speaking at the BCWF convention, FD can pull him aside and ask him for his support.

I am sure that missing the E in his name was an honest spelling error as name calling is not tolerated.
    Fixed it for you
    Elkhound
    Last edited by Elkhound; 03-16-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    so what you mean is ban people from the bush. Cause if I’m hiking and find a shed, I’m keeping it.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Well in the US they had caught guys chasing deer on ATCs just to bounce record book sheds off of them, you start picking up sheds scoring in the 200 inches and up range and then mounted up some people will pay big money for it, so I can see where the issue is......I don't really don't think we have that problem in BC..................yet !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

-- Whad if, they ban, shed hunting for mules in the Thompson Country, your hiking, a nice trail and find, both sides, dropped off from a 200, Typical Mule buck?
    Jel - and you must chuck back onto the ground in disgust! You just made the Boone and Crockett and had to drop it, like the buck did onto zeee dirt.
    Boone n Crocket right there and can't share and you herd, rumors going round bout an antler poacher in thee area lately looking for a monster buck, he was following.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-15-2018 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Bones n Crewcutz

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    -- Whad if, they ban, shed hunting for mules in the Thompson Country, your hiking, a nice trail and find, both sides, dropped off from a 200, Typical Mule buck?
    Jel - and you must chuck back onto the ground in disgust! You just made the Boone and Crockett and had to drop it, like the buck did onto zeee dirt.
    Boone n Crocket right there and can't share and you herd, rumors going round bout an antler poacher in thee area lately looking for a monster buck, he was following.
    Ill buy dinner for you and the wife at any restaurant in Kamloops with wine for every set of 200" or bigger Mule deer sheds you pick up in area 3 !
    I don't think Ill be buying many dinners !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    That's my thoughts, and the sheds will still be in great shape...IMO.
    Might make it a little harder to spot them, since the snow may have melted away, so they blend in with the ground.
    But, I suspect many who do this as a past time use dogs anyways?
    Honestly, why not "shoot some preds" instead during the time, since most of that is done from the road.

I will say this though, I sure don't find the sheds like I used when I am there in November.
    Very few as compared to before, and not as big as in the past.
    But, I can't say whether someone else has been there in the spring hunting for those sheds, who never did back when I found
    so many, or, is it a drop in #'s??
    To be honest, when I hunt mulies come November, same area, every season, the #'s seem to be consistent, and the fawn/doe looks really good.
    There sure has been a lot less snow, so I wonder if the bucks just don't hang as low as they used come the time they drop their antlers, and are dropping them elsewhere?
    Time will tell I guess.
    I know some are concerned that wolves are doing damage.
    I know I am starting to have concerns as well in that area I hunt mulies now as well.

So, why hassle the deer more then they already have to deal with at this time of season, is my thoughts.
    Shoot some Preds instead!
    I shed/pred hunt at the same time.....

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I shed/pred hunt at the same time.....

It's a good idea for some states with ten times the population and 10 x less land mass but it's a dumb idea for here. So much country here. The woods are full of people exploring anyway, snow shoeing and walking dogs around Kamloops the deer are used to people. Chasing animals is crazy but Americans are crazy in general. We don't need any more rules aimed at outdoors folks.