View Poll Results: Should BC consider similar legislation?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 39.80%
  • NO

59 60.20%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Nevada Adopts New Shed Hunting Regulations

Re: Nevada Adopts New Shed Hunting Regulations

If the shed hunt results in a management concern or wildlife harassment then deal with it. Looks like this is what was done. But I also don't put it past any government to regulate anything that could be turned into a source of capital. I won't be surprised to see she'd hunting permits and or regulations taxing the sale of sheds in areas where this activity is most popular.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 03-16-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Last year I picked up my first mule deer shed of the year in Nov. i don't think a shed season would affect me whatsoever. Used to be one of my favorite past times. Now, just a bunch of good memories of days gone by. I had many years in the 90's and 2000's where I found yearly counts of over 250. Now, i'm lucky to bring home 10 in an entire year. You think we need a shed season?
    yes and make it LEsH.....heheheh...jk

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Well in the US they had caught guys chasing deer on ATCs just to bounce record book sheds off of them, you start picking up sheds scoring in the 200 inches and up range and then mounted up some people will pay big money for it, so I can see where the issue is......I don't really don't think we have that problem in BC..................yet !
    There was the same problem just north of Summerland with a few guys on sleds and quads with tracks harassing the wintering Mulie + Whitetail bucks.
    MOE stepped in and put in place the Garnet Valley vehicle closer . It can happen in BC to .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    There was the same problem just north of Summerland with a few guys on sleds and quads with tracks harassing the wintering Mulie + Whitetail bucks.
    MOE stepped in and put in place the Garnet Valley vehicle closer . It can happen in BC to .
    That was a good thing. I used to see quad or sled tracks around ever juniper or cyonosis bush that I saw.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    That was a good thing. I used to see quad or sled tracks around ever juniper or cyonosis bush that I saw.
    Right next to your foot tracks eh? Were you just on a hike? Cuz it don't effect the deer if your motives are right. Think about what you just posted ffs.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Yes a very good thing for sure .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Right next to your foot tracks eh? Were you just on a hike? Cuz it don't effect the deer if your motives are right. Think about what you just posted ffs.
    Have a quad or sled blasting around at 20-40km like they were doing back there covering every place they can cover in a day , is just a little diff than a set of boot tracks . Think about which one puts more stress on the deer. Not saying that hiking up in the hills isn't stress full in the winter time on the deer its just , hiking your just a bit limited in the ground you can cover .

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Have a quad or sled blasting around at 20-40km like they were doing back there covering every place they can cover in a day , is just a little diff than a set of boot tracks . Think about which one puts more stress on the deer. Not saying that hiking up in the hills isn't stress full in the winter time on the deer its just , hiking your just a bit limited in the ground you can cover .
    That isn't how these shed hunting laws see it. The guy on foot is just as bad and needs to be stopped. Remember that all jurisdictions that brought in these shed bans had wildlife harassment and off road restrictions in place for years before they brought in shed seasons. It was the foot shed hunter that they were focusing on. BC has plenty of enforceable laws that can stop the illegal offroad or wildlife harassment as well to easily hit the problem without any new laws but yet there will be some that say it isn't enough without even having a clue how few shed hunters this province actually has. Why do they have a ton of people shed hunting in some of these states? Because it is the only opportunity many have to get out and 'hunt'. When everything is Limited Entry and you have to wait years and years to get a good tag, you are going to seek other methods to enjoy your passion in the mean time as you wait. Winter videoing, shed hunting, summer videoing, photography are all forms of outdoor activites that allow hunters to feel like they are hunting. But...there are many people who sit on the sidelines and complain when others are enjoying their past times. Jealousy and hatred towards others that have fun is rampant in the hunting community today. Think about it. Stuck in the city, doing the daily grind and log onto a hunting website or Facebook and IG and see tons of photos of guys enjoying the outdoors. Those photos just prove how bad your life sucks at that moment. And so you bitch and complain to the right people in government and you get those hobbies regulated to the point they ain't fun anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    If the shed hunt results in a management concern or wildlife harassment then deal with it. Looks like this is what was done. But I also don't put it past any government to regulate anything that could be turned into a source of capital. I won't be surprised to see she'd hunting permits and or regulations taxing the sale of sheds in areas where this activity is most popular.
    Regulate and then charge for the privilege that was once a right. Some guys just can't get enough regulation and love to pay for what's already theirs.

Ron C....not sure if I agree with the first part of your post or not....but certainly agree that it would soon be taxed
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

[QUOTE=358mag;1992677]Have a quad or sled blasting around at 20-40km like they were doing back there covering every place they can cover in a day , is just a little diff than a set of boot tracks . Think about which one puts more stress on the deer. Not saying that hiking up in the hills isn't stress full in the winter time on the deer its just , hiking your just a bit limited in the ground you can cover .[/QUOTE

there was a cross country enduro track back there when numbers were good. Wth eh?
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)