View Poll Results: Should BC consider similar legislation?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 39.80%
  • NO

59 60.20%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada Adopts New Shed Hunting Regulations

Re: Nevada Adopts New Shed Hunting Regulations

Quote Originally Posted by Busterpayton54 View Post
    Tough call. I see both sides of this.
    Same here....I agree with a shed hunting reg in certain parts of core winter range, but I see an even greater threat to wintering ungulates from increased housing development that goes on, especially in region 8...to be honest, when I'm out shed/pred hunting on what you would think would be the busiest day of the week (usually go out saturdays) for that, I rarely see anybody, I honestly think most people are too lazy, or disinterested in hiking around and shed hunting, I just don't see it as big of a deal in BC compared to many parts of the USA...

Deer are pressured every single day by logging and predators, They do just fine.

Next it will be mushroom pickers and so on ...

This is stupid idea ... Frankly, Id be dead against it
    Last edited by Chopper; 03-14-2018 at 10:19 PM.
    JOIN US AT CRSPORTFISHING.CA

Are the sheds a needed part of the ecosystem? For example, calcium/minerals for rodents that chew them?
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Are the sheds a needed part of the ecosystem? For example, calcium/minerals for rodents that chew them?
    This concern has been identified and satisfied.

Predator numbers are to be managed so that there will be enough bones laying around for the rats.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    This concern has been identified and satisfied.

Predator numbers are to be managed so that there will be enough bones laying around for the rats.

Touche !!!!!
    JOIN US AT CRSPORTFISHING.CA

My thoughts on it are there are certain times of the year, like right now for example where the game really doesn't need to be pushed around any more then they are in this snow to try and get food. Other than that I really do not care what people do with sheds. Maybe they just say April 1st its fair game.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Nevada and BC are two different animals. If there was evidence of too many shed hunters pushing wintering deer around in BC I'd be for a similar rule. But there isn't. Nevada is a small state, population of 3 million or so. But its next door to California. Hello?
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
    My thoughts on it are there are certain times of the year, like right now for example where the game really doesn't need to be pushed around any more then they are in this snow to try and get food. Other than that I really do not care what people do with sheds. Maybe they just say April 1st its fair game.
    That's my thoughts, and the sheds will still be in great shape...IMO.
    Might make it a little harder to spot them, since the snow may have melted away, so they blend in with the ground.
    But, I suspect many who do this as a past time use dogs anyways?
    Honestly, why not "shoot some preds" instead during the time, since most of that is done from the road.

I will say this though, I sure don't find the sheds like I used when I am there in November.
    Very few as compared to before, and not as big as in the past.
    But, I can't say whether someone else has been there in the spring hunting for those sheds, who never did back when I found
    so many, or, is it a drop in #'s??
    To be honest, when I hunt mulies come November, same area, every season, the #'s seem to be consistent, and the fawn/doe looks really good.
    There sure has been a lot less snow, so I wonder if the bucks just don't hang as low as they used come the time they drop their antlers, and are dropping them elsewhere?
    Time will tell I guess.
    I know some are concerned that wolves are doing damage.
    I know I am starting to have concerns as well in that area I hunt mulies now as well.

So, why hassle the deer more then they already have to deal with at this time of season, is my thoughts.
    Shoot some Preds instead!

Wyoming also has specific seasons and areas for shed hunting.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Regulations/Reg...GULATIONS_CH61

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/cont...STRICTIONS.pdf

Montana closes down winter ranges for all uses after hunting season, until May or June.

http://fwp.mt.gov/news/newsReleases/...e/nr_0615.html

I don't favour any type of drastic closure unless it's a conservation issue. I don't think we have any data that says it is. And could we even enforce one here that limits all rec users? I find that the most severe damage can happen in areas that are supposedly "off limits," as that's where the perps feel safest from the public's eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Around here most guys shed hunt for fun. Down there lots shed for profit. Toughest time of year is early spring. No sense bothering deer and elk while they are running on empty.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories