View Poll Results: Should BC consider similar legislation?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 39.80%
  • NO

59 60.20%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada Adopts New Shed Hunting Regulations

Nevada Adopts New Shed Hunting Regulations

Nevada Adopts New Shed Hunting Regulations

Seeking to better allow elk and deer in eastern and central Nevada to winter, the Nevada Board of Wildlife Commissioners approved a new regulation that prohibits the gathering or taking of shed antlers from public land in Elko, Eureka, Lander, Lincoln, Nye or White Pine counties from January 1 – April 30 each year.

The regulation originated from petitions coming out of the eastern Nevada County Advisory Boards to Manage Wildlife (CABMW). These eastern Nevada CABMW have the most concentrated deer and elk winter ranges, most severe winters, and the heaviest shed hunting pressure. Shed hunting is still open year-round in the other 11 counties in Nevada.

As shed hunting becomes more popular each year, mounting pressure from shed hunters has forced animals to move onto sub-par habitat and expend crucial energy reserves during critical winter months.

Shed hunting is also creating increased traffic around big game winter ranges and results in habitat impacts and road degradation on both private and public lands. It was the combination of animal disturbance and habitat degradation that was the basis for the regulation.

https://elknetwork.com/nevada-adopts...g-regulations/
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Nevada Adopts New Shed Hunting Regulations

Tough call. I see both sides of this.

Commodification of anything usually leads to trouble, although I do see the fun in it.

I wonder if a lot of them will still be useful after they begin to bleach and get gnawed on by critters.

I could see myself being in support of it.

They saw a problem and addressed it. Good for them. The article says the other counties ate still open, but probably just not as easy. I do wonder how much industry, if any, takes place over winter in that county though.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

I’d rather see a pic of the mass amounts of shed hunters... than a couple sheds...and soon to come, no access at all !
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Sounds like, too many looky loos, showed up and caused tooo much attention, that's what happens at Thrift Stores too after a while. Everyone shows up and bye bye.
    Jel -- people hear and then they come --Went from Racks n Bone to Brooks and Done!

FD you should be right on top of this. New proposals being written by Patty as we speak. Some states are even issueing shed hunting tags. Just think of the lost money that the Fed could come up with to finance Habitat, Habitat, Habitat. Too bad you are 15 years too late. Shed hunting is a thing of the past. No sheds to pick up when the province is void of wildlife. You even managed sheds to zero. Good job man.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    FD you should be right on top of this. New proposals being written by Patty as we speak. Some states are even issueing shed hunting tags. Just think of the lost money that the Fed could come up with to finance Habitat, Habitat, Habitat. Too bad you are 15 years too late. Shed hunting is a thing of the past. No sheds to pick up when the province is void of wildlife. You even managed sheds to zero. Good job man.
    just couldn’t help your self eh ?
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    just couldn’t help your self eh ?
    Last year I picked up my first mule deer shed of the year in Nov. i don't think a shed season would affect me whatsoever. Used to be one of my favorite past times. Now, just a bunch of good memories of days gone by. I had many years in the 90's and 2000's where I found yearly counts of over 250. Now, i'm lucky to bring home 10 in an entire year. You think we need a shed season?