Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Hunter1947 2018 Shed Season..

Re: Hunter1947 2018 Shed Season..

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Me and caddisgirl just caught up on your shed hunting videos on YouTube last night. Great footage as always!! I really like your camera quality. From the shadows it looks like it has a fold-out display on the side and it sounds like it has digital zoom too! I would love to know what camera model it is

LOL Thank you ,, this camera now is 6 years old I have dropped it many times and it still keeps on trucking the make is (Everio JVC) it has a 40x80 zoom takes the pictures and Videos you see that I posted on my thread,,I don't think they make this video camera anymore from what I have heard from the Source ???.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Sounds like a great camera. Takes a beating and keeps ticking! I also meant optical zoom but wrote digital zoom instead.

Are you going to get back out for more shed hunting or are you running out of space to keep them all? Again awesome job and thank you for filming it

May 16,2018 finds for today..

Just walked into my home 5 hour shed hunt found one 5 point fresh elk shed ,,better than the skunk I even got some fresh
    elk hair with this elk shed,,LOL,,May 16,2018..

I will tape the hair to this elk antler for carritor I grabbed the hair and put it in my pack ...

Last edited by hunter1947; 05-17-2018 at 04:18 AM.

A couple of my videos from the past weeks shed hunting..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu8vTATnzFI

.................................................. ..............................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFIfodFt4H4

Well its time to pack in my shed hunting for 2018 ,,now its time to put out my 20 trail cams and salt blocks for the summer months

^^^^^^^would you say be June/July when the snow levels have receded, that the elk will be in the same relative areas in those months as in say September when season opens??

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    ^^^^^^^would you say be June/July when the snow levels have receded, that the elk will be in the same relative areas in those months as in say September when season opens??

I would say some are local and some not I never have hunted these areas where the elk winter..

Great video yesterday too. It was really cool too see the 10 grouse eggs and you mentioned the hen was trying to play the wounded routine. I actually had no idea that grouse play that game. I guess I have never come across a nest for that to happen. Very educational. We're looking forward to seeing you set up the cams as well as the resulting videos. We're subscribed to your channel so whenever you post a video it pops up on the TV in our living room

That's a great shed season, Wayne!

Boots to the ground = success!!

Thanks for sharing

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

May 24,2018 was in the mountains putting out my trail cams and I almost walked onto this years WT shed ,,LOL

Last edited by hunter1947; 05-29-2018 at 01:23 PM.