Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BCWF- AGM Registration EXTENSION!

Re: BCWF- AGM Registration EXTENSION!

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    Just thinking out loud here, but if I was running the BCWF and had a chance to invite Andrew Weaver to speak at a BCWF AGM I'd do so in a heartbeat.

Why? Simple. Two reasons.

1) It's called "Holding him accountable, up close and personal";
    2) BCWF has said that politicians don't pay much attention to us because they don't really even know who we are. This is a chance to let him know who we are, and make him see two other politicians in the same ring at the same time.

Now, we can just write him off, and write off anyone else who doesn't say exactly what we like, but we know where that leads: to us in room talking to ourselves.

It's a big world with a lot pf players. We don't need to make treaties or alliances with our friends. We need to make them with the other guys. That's the only way we win.

Figger it out.
    How are you holding him accountable?
    Wildlife federation doesn't even know who they are anymore but we sure as hell know who weaver is don't we?
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by BCWF View Post
    The BC Wildlife Federation’s Core Values include advocating for the public interest in natural resources. One of our most important roles is to provide science-based solutions and consistent recommendations to government decision-makers and to our members.

Representatives at all levels of government respect the BCWF because of our non-partisan, solution-focused and balanced approach to conservation.

At the upcoming BCWF Annual General Meeting and Convention in Kamloops, from April 11th to 14th, representatives from three provincial political parties elected to the Legislature will be attending and speaking to delegates about fish and wildlife issues.

· Minister Doug Donaldson, Forests, Lands, Natural Resources Operations and Rural Development

· Andrew Weaver, Leader of the B.C. Green Party

· Andrew Wilkinson, Leader of the B.C. Liberal Party

The BC Wildlife Federation has been encouraging its members to speak to their elected representatives to share concerns and ideas about how to address declining fish and wildlife populations.

The 2018 BCWF AGM and Convention, themed “Wildlife and Fisheries under Fire”, will provide an opportunity for delegates to speak directly to the provincial leaders of the Members of the Legislative Assembly.
    interesting....How many pissed off members called this week before Wilkinson was invited??? Damn, why did that dana guy have to expose that booboo eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    False. Weaver is NOT the keynote speaker.

KEYNOTE SPEAKER
    David Schindler, Killam Memorial Chair & Professor of Ecology (Emeritus), Dept
    of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton
    Keynote Speaker defined-someone who gives the main address at a formal gathering such as a conference.

D.S. is a strong believer in AGW & was one of six people who signed the complaint.
    See following article.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loca...of-a-prof-says

What to expect
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7prLRFOEq4

And we know what Andy thinks of fossil fuels.
    So there you have it!
    2 peas in the pod.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

"How are you holding him accountable?"

Not having a lot of resources at my beck and call the only thing I can do to keep him accountable is help influence public opinion. If I can do that (and granted, it's a big "if") I get myself into a position to yank on his leash a bit.

Will it work? Can I do it?

I dunno. But what I do know is that the only tool I have is my ability to influence people and making Weaver and anyone else know I have that tool and making that tool look big enough for him to take notice of.

I doubt anything else is going to work. Not a pretty picture, I get it, but really, we don't have a big toolbox so we've got to work with what we've got.

BTW, Mr. Weaver and I have a history of communication. I have a good memory. After years of grinding out a living doing what i do I have no problem talking turkey to someone and highlighting where they've either "misspoken" (which gives them a chance to correct themselves) or lied. At the very least it makes it clear to them that they aren't fooling me. It's worth seeing that realization in their eyes. We are never going to see that in anyone's eyes when we're talking through a keyboard. You need to be belly to belly with them. Again, it's worth it. I hope to get some face time with him at the AGM.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein