Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feral Sheep Hunt

Feral Sheep Hunt

We had an amazing, beautiful, spring hunt for feral sheep. Great to get out at this time of the year and the meat and hides proved terrific. The sheep are not native, damage the natural fauna on the island and have mostly pushed out the deer so thinning the herd is helpful.

This is from last year and we briefly posted the video then, but..... the video stirred a significant controversy on the island and caused a real headache for our friends there. We took it down the same day as it threatened to destroy relationships amongst their neighbours. We re-edited the video and I hope this time it doesn't get the same attention. Please don't send the video link to any people you think may be very close to the situation. If it stirs up trouble I'll have to take it offline again. (Whonnock Boy, I recall that you forwarded it to a friend on the island, do you think that it could've gotten into the wrong hands there? If you can help us avoid the same circles, that would be great.)

That said, if you can keep low key and avoid the private land, it's another outstanding bc hunting opportunity:

Last edited by rose; 03-10-2018 at 07:24 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Feral Sheep Hunt

Enjoyed the video as I enjoyed the rest or your videos. Awesome family keep up the good work.

I knew I wasn’t crazy and I had seen the video before!

I can't think of anyone who better represents hunting than you folks.Keep at it thanks
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Great video! I didn’t know about the existence of feral sheep before watching it.

I just googled it, interesting situation.
    Last edited by IslandWanderer; 03-10-2018 at 08:08 PM.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

I love this!!!

Great work on the video. I am sorry to hear some brain dead alinsky idiots and/or no down payment style clowns poo-poo'd the prior posting. I'd very much appreciate seconding the motion not to pass this on to antis. Not every day folks offer up fresh Hunts in BC, I had not ever figured on learning of a Feral Sheep hunt in this Province. Wow!

Great video and like how the kids were along to. A family hunt just awesome. And I never heard also of a feral sheep hunt in B.C.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I can't think of anyone who better represents hunting than you folks.Keep at it thanks
    I agree, keep up the great work...

Headed to Queen Charlottes for work this summer and the kids and wife are coming up. Showed the kids your video there and they are so excited! Thanks! Love your videos.

Great job, really enjoyed your video's and so sorry that you felt you had to take them down as a result of some asshat stirring up shit. Keep on keeping on, you guys are great, I follow your Youtube channel with great anticipation.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should