Thread: Feral Sheep Hunt

Threaded View

Feral Sheep Hunt

We had an amazing, beautiful, spring hunt for feral sheep. Great to get out at this time of the year and the meat and hides proved terrific. The sheep are not native, damage the natural fauna on the island and have mostly pushed out the deer so thinning the herd is helpful.

This is from last year and we briefly posted the video then, but..... the video stirred a significant controversy on the island and caused a real headache for our friends there. We took it down the same day as it threatened to destroy relationships amongst their neighbours. We re-edited the video and I hope this time it doesn't get the same attention. Please don't send the video link to any people you think may be very close to the situation. If it stirs up trouble I'll have to take it offline again. (Whonnock Boy, I recall that you forwarded it to a friend on the island, do you think that it could've gotten into the wrong hands there? If you can help us avoid the same circles, that would be great.)

That said, if you can keep low key and avoid the private land, it's another outstanding bc hunting opportunity:

Last edited by rose; 03-10-2018 at 07:24 PM.

2. Site Sponsor