Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Srupp's First Aid Thread

Re: Srupp's First Aid Thread

Looks great to me. Thanks Steven

Hmmm you guys are easy..lol no difficult questions. .not Tims questions..lol..
    Would it be agreeable for a new subject..fractures#..or environmental emergencies..heat stroke etc..or chest pain..or?
    Steven

Great info there, thanks for sharing Srupp

If you could post info on chest pains in the field and what to do/and look out for,that would be great. I'm hunting with older partners now,including me,and would like more info if poop hits the fan in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerMan View Post
    If you could post info on chest pains in the field and what to do/and look out for,that would be great. I'm hunting with older partners now,including me,and would like more info if poop hits the fan in the middle of nowhere.
    Hmmm sounds reasonable.i will start some notes..it will be the next presentation..not sure how quickly but it will be next timely topic
    Cheers
    Steven

Steven, just curious if you think adding an AED machine to the hunting gear base camp list is a good idea?
    oh and totally agree that the ofa2 is a wcb based course but still a ton of skills that could come in useful in an emergency. I had never taken anything besides basic 1 day first aid previously and that week of ofa2 was one of the more difficult and stressful things I have ever done .
    Last edited by xcaribooer; 03-17-2018 at 08:44 AM.

For a group of individuals who hunt together year after year, hunt out of a base camp yes it would be a great idea..however everyone would need to learn to operate the unit, basic CPR..and rescue breathing with pocket mask or BvM".bag valve mask..
    It ups the success rates for some types of cardiac arrest scenario.big issue is speed..being there recognizing the collapse..no pulse fast access to unit with cpr and rescue breathing but not delaying access to chest putting on the chest pads..analyzing..
    Speed is essential..some practice would be truly benificial"
    Yes it would be exellent idea.
    Cheers
    Steven

Such an awesome post! Thanks!
    As a certified OFA L2 attendant for over 12 years now, I feel its a great course all around. I found the training not to be bogged down to bad by paperwork and regulations, but every instructor I have had has their own approach to it. If an employer is willing to offer training… Take it for sure!
    Anyone with some common sense can definitely apply the concepts anywhere out and about. It essentially comes down to the A B C's.
    Keeping within the scope of the training, I've modified my pack first aid kit to deal with major bleeds and sprains, just like the recommended supplies you listed. Also a limited amount of meds to deal with diarrhea, allergies, and pain.
    I would love to have a personal AED machine to keep in the truck only… but thats quite the personal expense to swallow. Training for them is recommended ….. but not completely necessary as it walks you through the process and has pretty self explanatory diagrams. Lastly it will not engage if the machine's analysis deems it not necessary.
    Any first aid training is a good thing.

Watching TV tonight..new product on the horizon. .within 2..3 years..HAEMOGRIP spray..a almost instantaneous blood clotting spray for trauma..from kitchen to MVA" to battlefield trauma.almost instantaneous clotting of even the most gruesome trauma..even better yet..there is a acommpanying spray to reverse the foam spray and allow the trauma surgeon to repair the damage in surgery,
    The foam conforms to any wound channel..or shape. .completely.in ambulances with just one attendant..frees his hands for starting IV, assisting breathing etc.in the remote woods..self administered....or reliable stoppage of ALL trauma injuries resulting in bleeding.and is reversal. Was on STEPHEN HAWKINGS" tribute show.
    Watch for this product..watched it work..
    Steven

oh god..........