I feel you did a geat job Steve. Your years of actual experience worked in your favour. For the vast majority of hunters here it will not be a moon shot to deal with whatever issue comes up. Even having to med

Well done Steve, your years of actual experience favored your presentation. In reality it's not a moon shot, most fellas will only deal with minor treatment. As you know even big trauma bleeding isn't too complicated when you follow the rules. Hell I medivaced.... funny story, sorry. Russ and I took a fella out of central coast who was picking berries, had his dog with him. A few miles from his village. Bark, bark, here comes the dog with a sow grizz 2 big cubs. Long story short the sow lays a lickin on him. Injuries are fractured radius, ulna l arm where the bear bit him. some gaping wounds across belly and flank from claws and bites, no fracture L femur, but as with other grizzly attacks I've done the skull cap gets ripped off which is where the big blood loss comes and tough to get a handle on. Usually lots of kling wrapped tight works. When it bleeds thru don't take it off just wrap more. Of course this guy had a couple litres of normal saline iv and some morphine, good to go. Now the funny part.