Thread: Youth licence and LEH

Youth licence and LEH

Hello!

Thanks for taking a look.
    Im wondering if anyone can answer me a couple questions about youth licensing.

My son(14) has a youth license and took his first Mulie last year.
    (Insert proud dad here) We punched my tag as he’s not able to get his own because it’s a youth licence. Correct?

I want to take him on a moose trip up north in Sept. Does he need to do a fullCore course for him and I to enter in a LEH? I think so but the kid at Cabela’s ( I know I know why listen to him) told us that a youth Lic can enter. I’m thinking not.

Apparently there is a online CORE course that he can take now?
    Anyone ever done it? Reviews?

Thanks Guys!

Tony and Luke
    Last edited by Tonybuell; 03-09-2018 at 09:10 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Youth licence and LEH

Punching your tag with a youth licence is correct.To apply for a leh you need a hunter number so yes he needs a core course.Not sure about the on line course Have fun hunting with your son.My sons name is Luke as well he had a unbeleiveable season shooting a 5 point bull elk 4 point whitetail and a large 3 point blacktail.But it is not always the successful hunts that are most memorable.Get out as much as you can MM

Unless things have changed since my son got his CORE about 8 years ago, a youth could hunt on dads tags with the youth license, but needed to complete CORE and thus get his/her own hunter number to be able to apply for limited entry.
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Needs core, hunter # to enter Leh. He can hunt on your Leh with his youth licence,but not put in for it

My 10 year old son did the online course. He liked it and he could do it at his own pace. It was very thorough and had videos and interactive shooting games which he liked. At the end of each section there is a multiple choice quiz and also questions where you need to flip through the bc regs to find the answers. I did get him to do the practice quizzes in the core manual as well. He did really good on the practical exam and scored 77% on the written. It helps if he can practice with some guns and has some firearms experience.

Here is the link: https://www.huntercourse.com/canada/britishcolumbia/
    Last edited by Cdog; 03-09-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks Cdog!
    Signing him up tomorrow for the online
    course. I have all 5 rifle actions for the practical. Is there a certain 2 or
    was it random?

cheers,

T

The choice of rifle is up to the examiner. could be any. He should be familiar with all actions. His examiner had a bolt action shotgun! lol!

Bolt action shot gun??? Lol. That’s a bit of a twist eh?
    glad the young fella passed!