Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turkey Time.

Re: Turkey Time.

I wish I could get the time to head south and do some turkey hunting, last time I did was 2012, now it's like an 18 hour drive for me, maybe one day the will move back down south

Speaking of crown vs private does anyone know if turks around Christina Lake spend most of their time on private land or are there some decent public areas to hunt them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuiper View Post
    Speaking of crown vs private does anyone know if turks around Christina Lake spend most of their time on private land or are there some decent public areas to hunt them?
    Lots of crown land to hunt around there that holds birds.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Turkey move around a lot. They flock up in large like (toms, jakes, hens&jennies usually) groups then when warm weather arrives they disperse. Their habits varies widely just like many of the other wondrous Game Species of BC!
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 04-04-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks HighCountry, good to know! I've always hunted them near Castlegar and Trail but am looking to check out somewhere new a little closer to home.

I wish someone would come up here and drop a load of turkeys to start a colony.

https://youtu.be/QEYyBU7FqZ0
    "Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

- Hunter S. Thompson

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by btridge View Post
    The Turkeys are gobbleing. While out spotting for critters yesterday, I heard some a few miles from here. This morning, I awoke to Turkey gobbles....spring has arrived.

Last year the gobbles came early, March 09. This years first gobbles are closer to the norm coming on March, 17.
    Out scouting yesterday ( march 5th ), Heard the toms gobbling for the first time this year.