Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turkey Time.

Turkey Time.

Anybody Else getting excited for Turkey.

I have been too busy with work for geese and it would mostly be a river shoot so a lot of effort.

But Turkey I am excited debatable do I just roll into region 8 where I know of 5 different roost sites or do I go for the long hall and go to south east kootneys.

Whats your plans out there how did the birds fair the winter not that its over yet.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Turkey Time.

Might be slow around here. Snowing hard today and piles of snow on the ground. Gonna takes weeks to melt

Can't wait for turkey time! Anybody coming to the east Kootenays for a hunt? Love to get out and call some in.

i might fly to cranbrook and rent a car.
    not sure about the drive through the night thing all the time.

If you book early enough it can be cheap but otherwise I'd just bite the bullet and drive.

yes under 300 plus car rental..not bad if i find a large tom may need to pay for another bag...wallmart cooler taped shut lol.

I have only gone for them in the fall, EK.
    would anyone point me in a direction closer to home? my EK spot is 10hrs away and hard to do with 2 days off.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

I'll be getting out in the Koots this spring. Never hunted turkey before but I'm itching to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
    I'll be getting out in the Koots this spring. Never hunted turkey before but I'm itching to try.
    The first thing I learned was they are not like grouse. They can see you far away and they run like nobodies business!
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

If turkeys could smell you'd never kill one. They have eyes like an eagle and if they hear you call they know what direction you are in, if they hear you call twice they know where you are within a few meters. Camo up and stay still, very, very still. Back in Ontario I had a tom come in a gobble for a good hour out at 100yds, it started to circle and disappeared, showed up 2 yds behind me walked right past me to the decoy before I stuck it.