Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand forks hunting

Grand forks hunting

Looking at some property on the Granby. read some mixed reviews on the hunting in the area. what is the dealio these days? fair MD numbers up in the hills? I imagine the WT hunting is decent along the river but would need to talk to some landowners. Turkey, elk, bears?

Im excited to just kick my feet up along the river, and ive read the fishing is good.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Grand forks hunting

All i can tell you is that it was CRAZY busy during hunting season last fall. Burell FSR is pretty much a highway but I am sure if you venture out you can find some animals. Talked to some locals in the West Kootenays about Granby, and their response: not what it used to be. Furthermore, good portion of deer is on private land. I did have decent sighting in 2016 though on crown land.

thanks DJ.....funny grand forks is pretty out in the middle of nowhere I wouldnt think it would be so busy. Ill have to put up a tree stand on my property

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    Looking at some property on the Granby. read some mixed reviews on the hunting in the area. what is the dealio these days? fair MD numbers up in the hills? I imagine the WT hunting is decent along the river but would need to talk to some landowners. Turkey, elk, bears?

Im excited to just kick my feet up along the river, and ive read the fishing is good.

I own 300+ acres on the Granby send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post

Not really what people consider in the middle of nowhere that being said the whitetail hunting is good. Elk is good to the north and alot of bears. I was going to work for the outfitter there a few years ago. You should buy land up north and hunter host me though lol.
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    Not really what people consider in the middle of nowhere that being said the whitetail hunting is good. Elk is good to the north and alot of bears. I was going to work for the outfitter there a few years ago. You should buy land up north and hunter host me though lol.
    well the closest "city" is kelowna i wouldnt think it would see too much traffic but hey what do I know. Ill hunter host you if you hunter host me

25 acres Danshin Village Rd. For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by DeepJeep View Post
    All i can tell you is that it was CRAZY busy during hunting season last fall. Burell FSR is pretty much a highway but I am sure if you venture out you can find some animals. Talked to some locals in the West Kootenays about Granby, and their response: not what it used to be. Furthermore, good portion of deer is on private land. I did have decent sighting in 2016 though on crown land.
    Was busy for a lot of years. The campsite at 28mile bridge used to be packed during the white tail rut.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Quote Originally Posted by DeepJeep View Post
    Interestingly, whitetail deer hunter numbers are down by 35.4% in the 2000s compared to the 1990s in 8-15. Mule deer hunters are similarly down 39.7% comparing the same periods.

So, it certainly isn't busier than it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Interestingly, whitetail deer hunter numbers are down by 35.4% in the 2000s compared to the 1990s in 8-15. Mule deer hunters are similarly down 39.7% comparing the same periods.

So, it certainly isn't busier than it used to be.
    No you just notice people more now cause they don't get out of the truck or off the quad.
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out