Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: crossbows and archery season

Re: crossbows and archery season

You wanna have an open respectful discussion, carry on.....you wanna name call and snipe at each other and I will simply delete the whole thread
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

fair enough was just curios was going to invest in a excalibure myself my crossbows are 30 yard speacials.

I personally hate using crossbows ...
    Now that said ... they are archery equipment, They are propelled by string power, Yes they can cocked and locked(there are products on the market you can do that with compounds and recurves as well)

I know they were left out of archery season in Alberta about 20 years ago, they were included in Albertas Archery season 10-12 years ago, Has the pendulum swung again??

while I haven't personally been shooting my bows as much as I should be lately, When I was on top of my game I had the same range as any cross bow out there with my compound, just like anything else , when you take the human factor out of a properly tuned piece of equipment it will cloverleaf or better at 100 yrds all day long
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Cool Re: crossbows and archery season

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    I know they were left out of archery season in Alberta about 20 years ago, they were included in Albertas Archery season 10-12 years ago, Has the pendulum swung again??
    No. Just simply more rumors circulated by one who does not know.

The Alberta Bow Association would have a catastrophic aneurysm before ever allowing crossbows into their regular archery seasons (without a Certified Disability Ticket that is).

... just like anything else , when you take the human factor out of a properly tuned piece of equipment it will cloverleaf or better at 100 yrds all day long
    Yep. I well recall the Mutter Family in Southern Alberta Showing Us How, 100 yards was eyeball material.
    And that was one hell of a long time ago!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    No. Just simply more rumors circulated by one who does not know.

The Alberta Bow Association would have a catastrophic aneurysm before ever allowing crossbows into their regular archery seasons (without a Certified Disability Ticket that is).

Yep. I well recall the Mutter Family in Southern Alberta Showing Us How, 100 yards was eyeball material.
    And that was one hell of a long time ago!

Cheers,
    Nog
    When I moved out of Alberta it was in the talks and the ABA of the time was warming up to it

Obviously those talks did not come to fruition

I don't know any Mutter Family of Southern Alberta ... Mustve been long...Loooong before my time.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

i have a biter iron noggin bit that herring and broke the line..treble still stuck

good thread eitheir way

Lol ....I dont get the problem....like bitching at a guy for owning a sxs istead of a jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty30-06 View Post
    Lol ....I dont get the problem....like bitching at a guy for owning a sxs istead of a jeep.

Some just Bitch for the sake of Bitching

I get bitched at because I own a SXS and I hunt with a Bow ... You get used to it after a while
    A true Archery Nut

I think the point some are making is that being a bowhunter is more an approach and a state of mind rather than a weapon or a season. But on here (HBC), just like in life, there are closets that people hide in. Don't want to mention they enjoy bowhunting and bow seasons, because they don't want to get labeled and accused of something.