Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: crossbows and archery season

Re: crossbows and archery season

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    heard this is in the works from reliable source..
    My reliable source says different.

I'm not prejudice, I hate everybody alike.

Most people think that the crossbow was developed in medieval times. However that is not the case.
    The Chinese were using the crossbow as early as the 6th century BC. Not only that, they developed a bronze trigger system that was incorporated in the crossbow.
    That's the history lesson for today folks.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Lets put this into perspective even after investing in a sweet crossbow and putting in 200+ hours of range time I failed to close the gap on a mulie by 10 yards for my practiced range this september. If I had my fancy 'magnum' rifle I would have shot that deer in the neck from the bottom of the hill it would have never seen me and I would have finally scratched a reg 8 tag. The difference with any kind of bow is distance paitiance and perciverince. You can take a crap on whoever you would like but remembering hbc rules telling someone they are not a bowhunter because they arnt a trad shooter is just like telling a rookie hes a pos for shooting that spike buck legal and ethical and sustainable harvest is the objective we need to stand together. They are taking away late bow season they are restricting harvest and as the past has shown we dont get oppertunity back we just loose more of it so point the finger but when they come for you don't expect there to be anyone left to say anything.
    Last edited by 604Stalker; 03-07-2018 at 02:55 PM. Reason: I love my 380

Ah bow hunters, the fly fisherman of the hunting world lol

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Well TaterHead, I am damn happy most real bow hunters don't have their own head as far up their patootie as you apparently do.

The Arc in Archery comes from the path of the arrow, regardless of whether the platform is vertical or horizontal. Both employ the use of stick and string. The term "crossgun" is one used to belittle the horizontal BOW, and is common among those naysayers such as yourself.

I ran a compound for decades. Injuries preclude that. I now run a crossbow, and consider myself very much a Bow Hunter.
    And I could give a Rat's Ass about your thousands of hours invested.
    That does NOT make you any Holier than anyone who runs a horizontal BOW. Really.

I believe the OP started this post simply to stir the pot.
    There is no movement in BC, nor the vast majority of other jurisdictions where crossbow use is allowed in regular archery seasons to do away with that.
    Simply a troll, which did result in hooking a few - myself included.

I suggested the OP get it together in an unrelated post yesterday.
    Then, I noted he was dangerously close to finding my Ignore button.
    He just did.
    And NO MORE pm's from you either Silly Snowflake.

Cheers,
    Nog
    Ooohhh...you called me a name...because i take myself so seriously as you can see in my handle and tagline...
    Back to facts, please.
    Your historical reference to the Latin root of the word is nice, but not relevant. As i said, the definition of archery is the use of a bow and arrow. Not a crossbow and bolt.

You obviously do care, as you took the time to respond.
    As i said, if you are not able bodied due to age or injury go for it and use a crossbow.
    Then reflect on your history when you were a bowhunter.
    -Just a simple minded guy with a longbow looking for fun.

Iron noggin. Hmm I support crossbow hunting in bc so thanks for the attack.
    Source was a bunch of guys from the west kootnenays with some kind of club at the Abbotsford 3d. Where you there...?oh you were not Why?

Answer the group this after you attack for a question

Why are crossbows already not allowed for waterfowl in bc? Muzzle loaders are and yes I hunted when muzzle loader was bow season..

I state again I support crossbows in bc.
    Last edited by willyqbc; 03-08-2018 at 07:05 PM. Reason: thread clean up

Walks I think whats happend here is you opened a can of worms by mistating your opening of a discussion a better way to adress this would have been to state your personal oppinion and ask others. Trad guys have been talking about it forever you may notice the snubs people get at the archery range when we bring our crossbows out or the fact that there isnt one shoot I could find to bring my 380 to

Agreed I own a crossbow and my dad owns 3.. we also have everyother type of bow you can name.

I have a small 3d range in my yard we can play with the distances if you come to kamloops crossbows are welcome. shot one on Sunday... some time in archery and rifle season my dad and I bring a crossbow for eg any buck with a bow but any elk with a rifle.

I have shot competition archery and bow hunting my whole life..the good old days of walking sumas mountain on a rainy November morning jumping bucks. Before all the hipsters and garbage dumping started..
    I am all for crossbows especially in reposible hands...

Quote Originally Posted by 604Stalker View Post
    you may notice the snubs people get at the archery range when we bring our crossbows out or the fact that there isnt one shoot I could find to bring my 380 to
    Really? Only real 'range I use is the Poco 3d, besides that I'm in an antisocial yard range. If someone was shooting a crossbow there I'd definitely be interested.

My only worry is I'd like it so much I'd buy one.

It's nice people are so good at hunting they need to make it a contest in other ways, I hope I get to that point.

Just open a seperate traditional season. Guys using bows who get mad that a "guy with a crossbow" can hunt in there season can pick up something traditional and feel special again with there own season. Aaaand more opportunity for everyone.